Skip to content

New druid char...

AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
Gonna rp this one....

I have a bad case of restartitis.... plus my game tends to bug around spell hold so I have a REALLY hard time getting past it... but know the weapons and such up to there.

It's mobile version so no mods or anything.

Everyone takes the druids as tree hugging yuppie yuppie or hippie ect... or self righteous parts that should be more neutral good than true neutral (Jahira *cough*)

That said....

I wanted to do a human zerk dual over to druid but I don't get the zerk HLA whirlwind so that's kinda defeating the point of dualing into druid even if zerk is nice.

I'm still open to doing it but I'm thinking half elf it instead.... the problem is....

This char is going to be a Jamaican. Ya mon, we be lovin' da nature for all she worth ya know it ire ya?

It just seems perfect to do a stoner druid... and I have been to Jamaica so I know some of them guys can go serious berserk... problem is how do I rp him into half elf....

Of course a wizard did it to bring him from Earth to faerun but I dunno...

I'm also kind of torn on weapon choices. I don't want to go spectral brand and belm. (Everyone does it) Jamaicans also like daggers which there are a lot of that are nice but I want some... randomness....

I'm thinking maybe dual wield a dagger and club of detonation while being immune to fire? Gives pierce and bludgeon and random chaos...

I could do zerk dual to druid for a bit more apr but I dunno....

This would also be a char I use to join multiplayer games with and pick up everything through those via exports.

Thoughts on the rp aspect and gear?

Comments

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    RP: give him a brown skin color, orange and green for the body and RP that there is a little island near the Sword Coast where people is happy, smoke strange things in their pipes, and is interested in voodo magic and quite sexist. :smiley:

I am joking here, and I don't want to be derespectful to the wonderful Jamaican people.

Gear: this is a no spoiler section so please put a spoiler tag on the title or spoilers inside the posts, thanks.
    anyway
    the gear is fine, but club of detonation in a multiplayer? I hope that you play with 5 archers other way they will not be happy :smiley:
    Get it?

Dual from zerk: more HP, APR, GM and 1 or may be 2 rages. at the cost of little XP if you dual at 7, getting the +1/2 apr.
    Dualing at 9 give more HP and little more, in the end the druid thaco will prevail anyway, and the other players will have to babysit you more, no fun for them, and no fun for you.

The pure class druid is also fine, but remember the druid spell progression (if EE has not changed it).
    you have to wait a very long time for the lev7 spells. After that you and your elemental princes are very strong. before you have Ironskins and the insects. Ironskins are very good for a berseker->druid, less for a druid in a party, but still useful.
  • AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited August 2016

Im sorta playing a dual zerk druid. She's using scims dual wield and takes a bit to get going. The spoiler thing isn't an issue since it's fairly common knowledge but ok whatever.

I dualed the previous one right at 7 so I could take 3 scimitar. Right now she looks like the pics below.

I took the zerk for the 5* scimitar prof but then went back and looked at the difference between 2 and 5* for apr and there was none.

Might be a bug since I'm mobile version or maybe the lvl 7 in zerk simply can't engage the extra apr it should get being grand mastered that's why I'm considering just multiclassing.

You get 2 zerk at lvl 7 but I find I rarely use them unless I'm in a huge bind...

Keep in mind this is a different setup than the one I want to build. She's setup more slap chop heal, I want this guy more "whatever happens happens mon it be ire ya know"

Hence that club which would add lots of giggles.

I could belm club I guess for an extra apr but that just seems like a waste since if im multi I get gww.

Edit: This is not the char I plan to use.
    Besides even with the club I can fire resist my party.... and it's a level 2 spell which is basically a worthless set for druids anyways minus find traps so it'd be big giggles.
    Fairly common knowledge in the community of course, and there are new players who like to spoil themselves and know and plan everything in advance.
    But there is also who like not to do so. And the board rules are explicit about that.
    As is so simple talk of certain tings in GENERAL DISCUSSION or simply modify the topic title adding SPOILER why not to do so?

I don't know why you did not get the +1/2 APR for GM.
    The multi is fine, you loose some DMG having only 2 pips. The +1/2 APR of lev 13 and GWW are the trade.
    As caster you have to wait until 3Mxp to have 1 lev7 spell and then no improvement until 6M. this imo is good for a soloer or in a party of 3 max 4 people. the dual has 6 lev 7 spells at 3M + the xp of the first class.
    Putting only 2 pips lets you use both the club for the effect you want and the scimitar when is not needed and this is fine. If you don't mind to have to wait a lot of time for the better spells the multi is perfect for multiplayer.

Dex3 seems to me "a little" low. I would prefer it higher, also at the cost of STR 18 or 17. Personal taste.

OT: as I am a not native english speaker is not easy for me to understand the meaning of things like
    mon it be ire ya know
    or
    Ya mon, we be lovin' da nature for all she worth ya know it ire ya?
    :smile:
    I suppose that is jamaican slang, and in that case I appreciate. But in not easy....
    edited August 2016
    Thing is there isn't any real spoiler in anything I've posted. Weapons are weapons. They don't pertain to the overall game play much so I don't see a need for doing spoiler tag.

I can appreciate English not being your native tongue and English is a very hard laguage to get all of the alternate meanings to understand with, rough easy basic translation of "ya mon we be lovin da nature for all she worth ya know it all be ire"

Translate: we love all of nature, everything is good/cool/fine/perfect.

In the charname perspective it's pot or shrooms. So of course everything is "ire mon" (awesome good man, top of the world, chill ect) I know I'm not doing a good translation but I don't know your native tongue to try translate it (I love learning languages, my current gf is Russian and THAT is crazy to learn hehe)

I don't do it in real life but I know enough stoners to pass it off. Plus a Jamaican druid WOULD know all the "good" plants if you get my drift hehe.

The DEx3 on that char is dumpstat. I wanted a high enough int for flyers to eat a few brain nom when I built her. She was also built around a zerk mage as the main tank with a 2hd blackguard using shortbow to anti mage but step in and 2hd whack stuff or tank if needed.

(Zerk mage tank, bg anti mage bow but 2hd tank if needed, zerk druid as melee dps)

That char is just what I was using, not what I plan to use. Plus add the dex18 bracers her Ac drops and that goes nuts which u get easily if u want. Again not spoiler since I'm not saying "HOW" to get them.

She is human zerk dual to druid. I took her thru some black pits to speed level her and she does not get the fighter hla (gww) which is why I'm leaning to half elfin this one.as helf she gets gww and druid goodies. As dual she gets only druid, all I sacrifice is gm on scims with her (not doing that with reroll) which did not apply the extra 1.5 total half attacks from the fighter class.

The 2 pips end up being pretty much identical to 5. (Making char in soa then importing to tob) no apr adjustment no thac0 adjustment.

Might be a bug in mobile or maybe working as intended. As it sits, I'm better off making this char as half elf multi... I just can't see a Vulcan Jamaican. ... *shudder*

Edit: I want to shoot auto correct
    Thanks for the little slang lesson, really appreciated.

Edit: I want to shoot auto correct->uninstall or deselect all the languages in the browser.
    c'mon, we are BG players, we are all cheesemasters, Boo, you and I, every PWgamer rejoice....

I know enough stoners to pass it off->so pass it over to me my friend :smiley:

With bracers Dex 3 is fine. But also a lower INT is, Flyer seen = quaff a potion of genius.

Half elf Multi rooks, a good ol' friend of mine was so. Now I don't remember exactly her name, was something like Jemira or Jahina, she was a little bossy, but a competent DMG dealer, once she smashed two ribs of mine. And we was making love, not fighting....
    So go Multi Half Elf, but please dont try to date me.
    Just dont stand really close behind me as I'm shredding things unless u pull my hair *wink*
    About the weapon names in the topic, I think that is fine (but I am not a moderator), is just that in some topics people begin with a couple of names, then start to talk about where to find them, which enemies you have to fight to loot them on on and over....
    It did not happened this time, but better talk of the spoiler issue before then after.
    Most will Google what weapon they want ... and as we both have noted I did not mention where or how. *shrugs*

A spoiler would be if I did

[Spoiler]
    Imoen leaves at end of irenicus dungeon [/spoiler]

Not an item name.