Skip to content

Wizard slayer/thief

I was wondering would this build still work or it is considered broken and patched long time ago? Source> http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/strategies/wizardslayerthief.php

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    You can still do that.
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    Well, seems that there will be yet another reason for replay :smiley:
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I will say that in EE is even stronger than before as now also ranged attacks lowers the chance by 25% to successfully cast spells.

If you are in the mood to dual at a such high level, with the loooong down time, you will have a very strong toon to play the end of SoA and ToB.
    Not for me, but I can see the fun, and the challenge, give it a try.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Going to lvl 15 seems like a bad idea to me. Very doubtful the gains of lvl 15 are worth it over dualing at 9 and actually getting to play as a WS->T.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited August 2016
    @Lord_Tansheron Going to lvl 15 is the classic old school approach, that lead to have the best build in end game no matter what it may cost you before, I bet that at the time that the linked guide was written 90% of the players dualed their F-something at lev 13 and reading on the boards suggestions about even more extreme dual times was normal.
    Dualing at 9 you loose 1/2 apr, 2 proficiency slots and a lot of thaco, 12 against 6, maybe 13 is a better approach if a very strong toon is wanted in the end game.
    At 9 you have anyway a really strong charname and I would even dual at lev 7 or 8 since I really hate long down times and I never erase and learn again scrolls for bonus xp (personal choice, nothing wrong in doing it).
    I agree that WS->T is not the most powerful build possible, but the purpose of the game is fun, and can be very funny to play it. Also a very long down time, with the limitations of WS, that for me would be a nightmare, can appeal and challenge other people.
    That is why I told "not for me but give it a try".

Edited to remove a double I bet and to change the original "needed" to "wanted".
  • MandragoraMandragora Member Posts: 79
    I have never played wizard slayer before, maybe this could be the reason to try it out finally