Skip to content

how many tanks

I am really enjoying playing Siege of Dragonspear. Right now I have a choice to get Khalid or Dorn into my party. I am playing as a paladin, and I have Minsc, Corwin, Jaheira, Glint, and Dynaheir. So, including myself I have two tanks, one spellcaster, one archer, and Glint and Jaheira throw bullets. When I played Baldur's Gate I, I have three tanks (myself, Ajantis and Minsc).

I am not sure about Dorn's compatibility in a lawful good party, or I really need Khalid or Dorn as a third tank. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    I guess it depends on the difficulty level you're playing on and your typical tactics. Dorn does not mesh well with a good party, lawful or otherwise, so I don't think he's your best option. Between the two I would definitely go with Khalid. But if you're already enjoying your party set up there's no need to change it if you don't want to.
    Kurona
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited August 2016
    Jaheira can tank really well with plate armor, shield, and either club or scimitar. She also makes a great second-line long-reach fighter with either staff or spear. Since you already have yourself and Minsc, and maybe Khalid (I wouldn't take the bloodthristy Dorn into a good party), you should have plenty of front line power.
    Kurona
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Dorn is a Blackguard, as a Paladin he's like your ultimate antithesis. Take Khalid, not only you already have his wife in your party but he has a fairly good Dexterity and 2 pips in Longbow, allowing him to work as a secondary archer if need arises.
  • former_customerformer_customer Member Posts: 111
    edited August 2016
    Wait--can you separate Khalid and Jaheira in 'Dragonspear? I mean, without having Jaheira scout 3 km ahead in her underwear?
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    Yeah, they join separately in SoD, as both are doing different jobs and you meet them at different times.