Skip to content

Export Hexxat?

Wanted to play her in BP2

but was unable to export/import her.

It simple to make her an importable char?

Comments

• ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    or...antone made a vampire playable char?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    It's not that hard to make playable Vampires, if you know what you're doing. However, getting all the extra bits working properly like sunlight penalties etc. takes some work and knowledge. Just having the stats, innate abilities, and resistances though isn't too hard.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    There is also a great RP problem in doing it as all the plot is based
    on the stealing of the soul of Charname, and vampires have no soul.

But I understand that some players don't care about RP, or like to try something absurd from a RP point of view. And that is perfectly fine.

Please keep under spoiler the answers to what I have told, this section has not a SPOILER tag.
    You can avoid most of these plot problems by simply making your vampire a party member, and not CHARNAME. It avoids most story complications.
    Unless @ameliaboggins wants to have a vampire Charname, not just a vampire in the party, because he/she think that is cool (or powerful or whatever) I think that is the best solution, a vampire in BP2 and compatibility with the main plot.
    Well the OP is about exporting/importing Hexxat, so I'm assuming it's for party and not CHARNAME.
    edited August 2016
    yes its for adding to a party ....so mostly a Bp2 run.

AM not playing IWD atmo, as its stopped working, and tbh ive completed it twice in recent memory.(once on normal and once on HOF)

sunlight expose isnt a probelm in the bp2 ( i havent actually done the escape scenario, but am guessing the game ends as you excape....theres no plot in outdoor zones) WELL i hope the game has all of bp2 marked as indoors!! otehrwise am in trouble LOL

I changed her to a swashbuckler during a bg2 playthrough, and found her useful/fun. DOnt think a straight thief would be that useful in bp2 tbh. AM looking for a second tank for the party, but dont want a fighter class....just find them dull. UAI is a huge boon in bp2 you can shuffle equipment around the party easier! save money )
    Already have a dwarf defender as the main tank, hes useless at doing damage; well its slow and steady, not bursts of damage.

tbh am just looking for a toon with high str/dex, that cant be charmed. maybe this is cheating? :P
    To have an area marked indoor is relevant to the capability of hiding, but there is much more.
    How much light there is in the point where the check for hiding is what maters for the result of the check.
    Inside a dungeon there are places where even a thief with a low score has a good chance and few steps away he will fail almost every time. The same outdoor, the shadow of a building or a pillar can change everything. Outdoor at noon is the real problem.....

if you look for a really good tank consider the Blade, less HP then a fighter type, but can have a crazy low AC even at low levels. A spell that give a decent AC and lasts for hours, others that improve it, blur, improved invisibility and so on, spells to lower enemy's thaco like GM or the ones that give blindness.
    And his defensive spin on top, later the Enhanced Bard Song, that give (only to him) the same AC bonus of the spin, while improve all the party and protect everybody from some nasty effects. And UAI, to equip every item that can help in tanking.
    Only considering AC he is a badass tank, add the spells that negate the damage (stoneskin) or the attack (PFMW), or protect from other types of damage. who can even touch a Blade?

On top of this fast leveling, some fighting capability, very good when you playing learn how to equip and use him, and powerful arcane spellcasting, powerful not for the high level of spell that he can reach, but for the level that he have, buffs last more, fireballs that make more damage, RM that has a chance to work, even if is not the Inquisitor's DM.

Maybe the best tank of the game. Starting from low levels up to the level when a mage or sorcerer is a God, and even then just a little behind.
    have blade at present, only thing good about him is being able to cast haste as soon as a fight starts.

otherwise, a totally ave class.

i dont do classes that require loads of clicking to be anywhere near decent.
    Blade requires micromanagement, that is true, and if you don't like to micro is not for you. On this I agree.

But anywhere near decent?
    I had the same opinion, then I begun to learn how to play the kit and my opinion changed completely....
    Many people say that the Bard is the Jack of all the trades, that can do something that the Fighter, the Mage and the Thief can do. And that he can do those things quite meh. I agree, is correct.
    Just as is correct to tell that Imoen can do something that an Archer do (use a bow) but she do it meh.

Only when a player stop thinking at the Bard as an inferior Fighter, Mage or Thief and begin to think at him as a whole, with unique characteristics enhanced by the ones he share with other classes, his true power is revealed.
    This is my personal experience, that I like to share with you, just as an information as I agree that no micro=no bard.
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Have you tried the console command:

C:CreateCreature("ohhex8")

Then use ctrl-J to force her into your party.
    `CTRL + J : teleports selected party members to position under cursor`

clarify the control j thing plz

never used this command before, only really ever done teleports between zones witht he console.
    "Maybe put the cursor on her and use Ctl-Q to force-join the party?"

just seen this comment....
    edited August 2016
    @BillyYank confused CTRL +Q, that is the correct code, with CTRL + J
    CTRL + Q let you force each creature, also a dragon or a lick into the party. Cool!
    No, as the scripts that the creature have, if is an enemy, make him attack you also if is in the party.
    Even if you disable the AI with the button as it disable some scripts of your party members but not the ones of the enemies, that are the ones that the creature use.
    But I use it if I want to look at the enemy's stats and inventory, with the game paused and after I reload.
    But with Hexxat, since she is coded to be a party member, there is not that problem.
    I don't know if some scripts of her, like the ones related to her quest, can cause some problem, but a try is worth.
    edited August 2016
    ok spawned her, and cntrl q works, but in bp2 it wont let you remove a party member.

it just keeps adding them back into your party, goes into this endless loop thing,,,

will try starting a new game with 5 members....
    edited August 2016
    ok that sort of works. she stuck on theief tho...i cant get BP2 to see my saved games, so cant use eekeeper to edit her atmo.

DUH! just loaded up a bg2 save in eekeeper, and noticed a way to make her exportable! theres a box you can tick LOL
    Explain better the trick please, may be other players will need it sometimes.

Anyway the cure for not being able to remove a party member was ctrl Y, I suppose.
    Right, ctrl-Q. I don't know how I got that wrong, I use ctrl-J all the time.
    edited August 2016

Explain better the trick please, may be other players will need it sometimes.

Anyway the cure for not being able to remove a party member was ctrl Y, I suppose.

load up a save of BG2 with hexxat in, into eekeeper....select her, go to tab 2(characteristics) look under miscellaneous and theres a box: Exportable. Tick it and click save. open up the relevant save in bg2 and click export on hexxat.....Voila!

loses her voice files tho....

Playing her in bp2, her amulet is removed like all the chars are naked at the start. would require a mod, to add it to a vendor i guess....
    btw just for makeing her more fun.....

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40858/i-want-hexxat-of-assassin-kit

this is a useful link )
    Thanks for the information and the link.
    I can not help you about the amulet, other then tell you that if it is in the game files you should be able to give it to her using EEkeeper. but I have not EE, so no hexxat, no BP2 and I don't know how is the folder structure in EE.
    edited August 2016
    In that save you have with Hexxat, pull it up in EEKeeper and look at the amulet. You should be able to see its name. In your BP2 game, select Hexxat and pull up the console. Type in: C:CreateItem("amulet name")
    Post edited by BillyYank on
    erm tehre 7 differnt versions of it on keeper....

any idea why?
    this lass tore through some the mobs on tier 1 of black pits. was fun watching her turn the drow into shreds!

gave her some decent plate and 2 katanas. dont know if she will stay useful deep into tier 2/3 tbh

tend to rely on casters to win thos games. more fun than the blade i was useing so far...
    edited August 2016

erm tehre 7 differnt versions of it on keeper....

any idea why?

It is quite common to have many versions of the same item or spell. It is so also in the original games.
    In the original there are like 10 different bag of holding and there are unused items and even a low level spell that is much better than the lev10 IA.
    I don't know why, just know that is not unusual.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @gorgonzola
    In a game that is designed with so many possibilities, there are many things they tested before selling and never get around to trash them afterwards as different parts of the game were probably done by different teams I guess.

@ameliaboggins , I have a feeling you will soon venture into item editing/creating ^_O (hehe NI or DLTcep next on the list)
    Not sure you realise Bubbles what an absolute lazy twat i am....

:)