Skip to content

Ascension install?

BaldurspawnBaldurspawn Member Posts: 66
I have trouble understanding which fixes and workarounds I need to use to properly install and play Ascension...
There are 2 announced Threads about it, one saying BP-version, the other (newer) one using the normal though updated Weidu-version....
And then all these fixes and data to download to make it work make my head hurt x'D

Can someone please tell me, how to actually install Ascension and make it work?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I would say to avoid the bp one. Just follow the intructions in the readme, I actually haven't had any problems. I hear there is a problem with the Slayer though, if you plan on utilizing it, there is a fix posted in the same thread. everything else should work fine.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    I played through the entire new version. It works pretty well, but there are a few bugs.
    Demogorgon ended up not moving during the whole fight, and the final battle didn't trigger the bridges to the pools of essence properly.
    Worked great other than that. Very epic battles. Abazigal is especially tough.
  • BaldurspawnBaldurspawn Member Posts: 66
    Thanks
    @Chidojuan Are you sure you played the newest version? I thought they fixed the pools of essence bug.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    @thedamages I thought so too, I was reading the list of fixes. Maybe I inadvertently installed an out of date version. I was able to use the console to get around the bridges bug, so it wasn't a huge deal.
    Maybe some other mod was conflicting with it.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    this has been an issue i've been seeng sense they started making the ee version. it's part of the reason i've still not installed the mod.
    Yeah, I haven't had the pool bug. What other mods do you have installed?