Skip to content

Four on One achievement (hidden achievement spoilers)

I'm trying to get the Four on One achievement. I understand this involves killing the 4 magic users on the top floor of the Sorcerous Sundries shop in Baldur's Gate - but I've tried doing it with my entire party, just my lead character (leaving everyone else downstairs) and even after kicking everyone out of my party and then doing it completely solo, but to no avail. I've also tried all the various conversation options, but I still can't get it. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Comments

• BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Well, I've got it before picking up any companion.

Note that some achievements don't unlock immediately, but some rounds later or when leaving an area. It may be necessary to report back to Halbazzer.
  • kelnagekelnage Member Posts: 3
    So I tried speaking to him, but he always says the same thing (before and after the fight), where the two options just trigger the shop or end of conversation. I've also tried wondering around Baldur's Gate afterwards, even leaving it and coming back, but still no sign of the achievement unlocking.
  • VbibbiVbibbi Member Posts: 229
    I got it before I recruited any companions. Since it's so early in the game, you might consider restarting the chapter, going straight to Sorcerous Sundries and fighting them before you talk to any NPCs. I believe the achievement should unlock after you go back downstairs and talk to the shop owner.
  • kelnagekelnage Member Posts: 3
    Hmm, maybe I need to try during my (inevitable) solo run then. Did anyone get this achievement having picked up any companions previously?
  • DanTehManDanTehMan Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2016
    I just tried getting this achievement on my solo Story Mode run, and had no luck. Aside from Imoen briefly forcing her way into the party at the very beginning, I have not had any companions to this point. I saw on another thread that it might take multiple reloads to get Four on One, but I'm pretty sure I've done it 50 times now without getting it to pop. Did you happen to figure it out, kelnage?
    Post edited by DanTehMan on
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Just got it yesterday after trying with a party then leaving my party downstairs. Saved, ditched my companions (character record-screen -> reform party), completed the quest, reloaded (or recruit them again...).
    Hope it helps.
    Thanks Mera, that does help a lot. Question though -- is this an actual quest? If so, it would make a lot of sense as to why it's not popping for me. I figured it was just a combat based achievement that would activate after killing the wizards with your main character solo. Like kelnage, speaking to Halbazzer before and after doesn't seem to do anything unfortunately.
    Just tried it again after getting Quayle to join the party, to see if I could use your exact method to get it. I left Quayle downstairs, went upstairs, kicked him out of the party and solo'd the wizards... and still no luck. I'll keep fiddling around with the formula, but just curious, did you get the achievement immediately after the battle, or did you talk to an NPC?
  • MeraMera Member Posts: 133
    Sorry, I expressed myself poorly, leaving companions downstairs doesn't work. You need to start and complete the quest solo, ie nobody in your party, at all.
    Fair enough, but that's what I had been doing originally... I'm going for the "Flying Solo" achievement as well as the Story Mode achievement, so I've solo'd the game to this point. I thought maybe trying the party member trick would fix it, but still no luck. Do you recall if you have to speak to someone to get the quest/achievement? Nobody I've spoken to is triggering a quest....
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Got this achievement in SoD

After defending (solo) the second floor of Sorcerous Sundries of some robbers

Never got this in BGEE.
    Thanks Raduziel. This whole time I thought it was referring to fighting the four wizards on the second floor of Sorcerous Sundries, but I thought it was odd that the achievement description referred to them as burglars. I haven't played SoD yet, so that's probably why lol. Much appreciated mate!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Any time :)