Skip to content

new pc and reinstall

moved my ssd over to my rebuild pc; other one died screaming

Have IWD dirctory on the ssd. tried to get it to run but just comes up with some crappy prompt, that is truely unhelpful(surprise)

IS tehre a fast way to get it working again, other than having to redownload every single file?

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I'm pretty sure you need to reinstall the game.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    I refuse to download the whole thing, can the installer rebuild it if i point it at the directory that has all the files?
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @ameliaboggins
    If you can reach the launch page, there is a repair function there ...
    Did you upgrade your OS after rebuilding? If you did then you may have to reinstall ...
    no sadly the launch page isnt coming up.

i dont know my login details for beamdog thingymagig either.

might have to buy the damn cds off ebay (
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @ameliaboggins: Being able to download the files would be really helpful into getting things fixed. If you lost your credentials, perhaps ask support@beamdog.com for help?

If you don't want to perform a full download again, what you can try is copying the files that you still have in a directory of your new PC, and install anew in that directory. It may recognize the files already there, and only install the files that are broken/missing. I'm not sure, and it may perform a complete new install.

I'd recommend against buying the CDs, as they seem to have problems getting updated.
    ` against buying the CDs, as they seem to have problems getting updated.`

its IWD...there are no updates :expressionless:

its stuck on 1.4 right?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    2.x is currently under the loop and being improved upon. Once it's at a state where the devs are happy with it, it's likely going to be expanded towards IWDEE and Tablets.
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    My computer died, literally. When I got a new one I still had my steam account and they installed all the old games that I had for me. Also I see this every where. there are two bags of holding in IWD. One you buy from the wizard in Kuldahar the other one I am still looking for . But I found them both the last time I played.