Skip to content

Invalid Dialouge: numbers with Edwin Romance Mod

AlaynaAlayna Member Posts: 2
Hello!

I am basically at my wits end.

I've downloaded the Edwin Romance mod v. 206 and installed it to my BG2 directory (Not program files, but a custom path)

But Edwin's custom dialouge is only a "Invalid dialouge: #####" <--- random numbers

I tried modmerging and I tried weidu, by deleting the setup-edwinromance.exe and renaming weidu. But then I only got the error message "missing dialouge.tlk"

Could anyone please help me? I really want to try this mod :(

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    edited August 2016
    It might be a bug in the mod, but it sounds more like you have installed the mod for the wrong game language. You can make certain by opening the file "weidu.conf" in a text editor. It should contain something like this: "lang_dir = en_us". "en_us" indicates that mods are installed for the English game language. The game language can be selected when you install a mod for the first time in a clean game installation.

You can do the following if you have installed mods for the wrong game language:
    1. Uninstall all your mods (in the reverse order you have installed them).
    2. Delete the file "weidu.conf" in the installation folder.
    3. Install all your mods again. Make certain to select the right game language when you install the first mod.
  • AlaynaAlayna Member Posts: 2
    Oh thank you thank you THANK YOU!

I tried re-installing countless times but deleting the weidu.conf did the trick! So happy! :smiley: