Skip to content

Port to Kindle Fire

drednot99drednot99 Member Posts: 1
I saw the Android versions on Google Play. I wonder if there are any plans to port BGEE, BG2EE, and IWDEE over to Kindle Fire?

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Search Google for "install google play on kindle fire". It's a bit of a hack, but you don't need to jailbreak the Fire to do it. I've been playing IWD on my Fire since I got it.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I've tried a few games on Kindle Fire that I've also played on ipad and/or iPhone. I have to say, and it may just be the games I've played, but generally I find the kindle really struggles. Maybe it's the customised version of android that the Kindle uses but that's my experience.

I haven't played an IE game on there though. @BillyYank - have you had random crashes / boot to desktop with it?
    No, I haven't had any problems at all, not even lag.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    I may have to give it a try then... :)
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    Are the game folders accessible on an android device? I stopped playing on iPad when I couldn't manage my mods anymore. I've been considering switching.
    Yes, they are. There's threads on here that tell you how to mod Android, there's a hoop or two to jump through, but simple things like custom portraits are as easy as they are on Windows.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Yup, here's the thread in question for modding on android.
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173

Yup, here's the thread in question for modding on android.

Thanks! @BillyYank @Kamigoroshi I'm going to have to start tablet shopping :wink:
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Ah, Kindle Fire, thank you for bringing us the best spokesperson of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhyJffm6FiQ