Skip to content

Shapeshift portrait change ?

DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
Hi,
Are there any solution to change the portrait of the character when shapeshift ? I tried it with the summoned weapon, and to only use the new portrait when wielded(shapeshiftes) but buggy.

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    AFAK there is no method to do this. The game just doesn't store the original portrait. You could probably emulate something like this with two "set portrait" effects for your personal game but that only works if you set it to specific portraits, so it's no use for a general solution.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited September 2016
    It's possible with effect opcode 107 (Change portrait). You can set it to a limited duration or turn it into an on-equip effect. The original portrait will be restored when the effect runs out or is removed. You can try it out with the modified Quarterstaff in the attached zip file which changes portrait whenever you equip it.

Edit: The opcode description from the link isn't entirely correct anymore. The Enhanced Editions support limited durations just fine.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    I used to try it 1.3 version, and it works until the game saved. After load the saved game, the portrait bugged, and dont restore the previous one. Maybe works now ? Tomorrow ill tr it, thx @argent77
    You're right. The saving issue is still present in v2.0. It seems to be limited to permanent and on-equip timing modes though. Limited durations are restored correctly even after a save and reload.
    Hm, what if i use maximum timing ? Whats the maximum duration in near infinity what i can use @argent77 ?
    The maximum duration is 2147483647 (or 2^31 - 1). I'm actually using this trick for the regeneration effect in my mods which only works properly with a limited duration timing mode.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    My mod, Portraits Portraits Everywhere, has several examples of shapeshifting portraits, but not for the protagonist.

Fake Durlag dopplegangers change portraits, Frennedan, and theres a component that you can temporarily change portraits for companions on the fly in the underdark.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor yes, but needed to add to all natural form abilities, and polymorph item abilities right ? Because while i use shapeshift to sword spider, i can use shapeshift wolf for egz from cloak, so i need to use the natural form of that ability, not the original. Or i over-thinking it, or not logical :D
    edited September 2016
    What do you think @subtledoctor opcode 337 is working, or how is working in this case ? Because it seems working to remove just opcode in natural forms.
    But i use 2+ version only for my little fun. :) thank you for help all !