Skip to content

Random Death

I was playing through iwd:ee on Android, and I found baleful mail +3 and dead man's face, when I equipped both on my true neutral barbarian, he died, no hit marker or explanation. I then tried to equip the baleful mail on my dwarf cleric without the dead man's face and she died. So what I'm wondering is if there is a connection with baleful mail and death or can too low a stat kill a character?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    Baleful Mail reduces charisma by 2, but unless charisma is already 2 or lower it should have no lethal effect. There is the Vexed Armor which can kill the wearer, however.
  • GoodkallGoodkall Member Posts: 7
    My barbarians charisma is lowest setting, and half orc, and clerics charisma is also lowest. If you get your stats low enough, can you die?
    Also unrelated, why can plate mail not be worn with a ring or protection, it tells me can't equip because of other magical items
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    Having 0 in a stat auto kills any character. Since you have 3 by default, they must be having another item that gives the uglies, ontop of the baleful.

trinkets of protection cannot be stacked with magical armors and eachother for balance reasons. This makes a regular full plate usually the best choice in most IE games if you crave those sweet save bonuses.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Goodkall
    If you are playing dwarf with minimum charisma then you may get killed outright as a result of the lost of charisma (dwarfs minimum is charisma 1 if I remember right)
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    To die of being too uncharismatic. That's too funny :D
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    I believe the explanation is that as Charisma represents force of personality, a complete lack thereof means a dead spirit.