Skip to content

A tiny adjustment to colored text, please

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
Actually, two adjustments, if I may.

1) Right now differently colored dialogue text doesn't highlight when the mouse pointer is over it, like normal dialogue text does, unless there is some extra feature I'm not aware of. It looks rather poor without the highlighting.

2) A reply line may be changed to a different color, but the number of the reply line - 1, 2, 3 and so on - is always the default red, which again looks poor next to, for example, a green response.

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    For 1, you'd need to edit the UI.menu (used for UI modding). The UI.menu cannot be edited with WEIDU (properly) although it is possible to patch it... You'd need to edit the file and it's all in LUA.

Currently the colour change on mouseover is controlled by:
    function getDialogEntryText(row) local text = worldPlayerDialogChoices[row].text if (row == worldPlayerDialogSelection) then --Color the text white when selected text = string.gsub(text, "%^0xff212eff", "^0xFFFFFFFF") end return text end

The 'text = ' line replaces the red colour (0xff212eff) with white (0xFFFFFFFF). If you are using a different colour in your dialog then you will need to add additional lines to check the colour and then alter the text accordingly.

It's possible with more digging to achieve 2... but to be honest, it's never bothered me (but then I've not added green text).
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    So the first one would have to be done manually by the players? I can't expect them to do that... Engineers to the rescue! :lol:

The second one... It's a mind-shattering experience to see a red 1 next to green letters. Totally snaps the suspension of disbelief.

Neither of these are crucial, obviously, it would just be nice to have good-looking text for Charmed options. In my mod instead of charmed creatures getting a dialogue replacement, the player sees special options in the regular dialogue, and currently I begin those with *** so they stand out.
  • Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    You can patch the UI.menu with WEIDU (I think) however if the user has made their own changes they might conflict - Unfortunately there is not a pretty way to manage that :(