Skip to content

Importing a Save from BG:EE to Siege of Dragonspear

SilySily Member Posts: 91
Hola,

My tissue is this; When Importing the "Final Save" from BG:EE to Dragonspear, those characters who died in the battle against Sarevok now respawn without any gear. None. Nada. Zero.

If I import another save, everything works flawlessly. - Now, I could of course play the Final Battle again and probably do it without casualties, somehow, but I want to bring this into attention and see if there is a solution for this?

I could probably slap EEKeeper up, load the Final Save and change the State of those characters to Alive from Dead and that would most lieky fix it? But werent' we supposed to get some loot from Sarevok, too?

If given instructions, I can also upload the save in question.

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    edited March 2016
    The final save is after you have killed Sarevok, so loading it (instead of importing) will take you directly to SoD without the need to battle Sarevok again. Your items should also carry over - they will be on the ground near your party.
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    Balquo said:

...so loading it (instead of importing)...

Loading does the trick; Everyone is alive, those who are dead have empty inventories, but all the gear is packed in one mountain of stuff on the floor. - Thank you much.

• interpreterxinterpreterx Member Posts: 5
    After a little screwing with the system, I was able to import my BG 2 character into the system!

Now for a level 35 Bard going solo on Legacy of Bahl difficulty!

Might have to bring a thief though, just for the locks and traps.
  • YmdarYmdar Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2016
    Hi,

I copied a save game from BG1 EE (GoG version) to SOD and it didn't appear in the save games section. Any solutions?

Thanks
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Ymdar said:

Hi,

I copied a save game from BG1 EE (GoG version) to SOD and it didn't appear in the save games section. Any solutions?

Thanks

What folder did you copy it into? It should go into the sodsaves folder in My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition