Skip to content

Moving Siege of Dragonspear items to BG2 EE en masse

seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
I tried this once before, long ago. Basically creating a copy in overides of everything that started with BD*, cutting and pasting tlk entries, and going from there.

Didn't work. If I recall, i could move and equip items, but when I went to look at properties, the game hung. Are there some version compatibility issues between SoD, and BG2EE, perhaps with BAMs? Obviously I want more than the ten or so items beamdog has decided to include for us. I like the new BAM's, and id rather not just recreate them in BGII on my own, would probably make a lot of errors.

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Edvin's mod has quite a few SoD items and more. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/56567/bgii-ee-unofficial-item-pack/p1
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    Cool mod. Lots of cool mods out there.

I'm trying to learn how to make them myself =-)

Anyone know any special gotchas to moving items between game versions, or is the only way to remake it completely?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    You can check out EET as well.

To make them yourself, I think you need to make sure all ressources used by items are present in your BG2EE folder, you'll need to edit the .ids files as well as the .tlk, even then you'll probably face conflicts that have already been looked at in EET.
  • seraglioseraglio Member Posts: 122
    I definitely edited all .tlk files in and copied all perspective bams. I'd didn't do anything with .ids files because I didn't copy any spells/effects attached to the items that referenced any .ids files. is there something I'm missing there?

I got the feeling that the graphics were freezing up, likely some kind of unicode version difference in the file formats between the games. Even if I hadnt copied bams , scripts, or text..the items would have come over fine, they just would have had blanks and incorrect text for those things, and failed to work properly, not crash. I think its an addition, not subtraction problem...something I DID bring over is crashing it , not something I did not.

Haven't heard of EET, I'll look it up.