Skip to content

Newbie character order question

Hi there, can anyone tell me if it makes any difference moving one of my companions into the top/leader position?
If I select the whole group then select a npc to interact with which character's charisma is used?

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    edited September 2016
    The charisma of the top leader character is used to determine such things as how likely the characters in your party are to loose moral during a fight. It also affects the prices you will be offered when buying or selling goods to the merchants in the game.

In the case of quest NPCs, it doesn’t usually make a difference.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Well, aside from the charisma bonuses (though while stores scale their prices with the leader's charisma, dialogue usually depends on the one initiating conversation) it also affects your party formation, so changing it around can make sure your squishy mage doesn't automatically end up at the front.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Also, remember that if you R-click one of the formation buttons you'll be given a bunch of other formation options. Some of which put the 'party leader' at the middle or back of the formation. This is useful for those classes that normally have a high charisma (to talk to merchants) but are too squishy to put up front.