Skip to content

Is there a complete walkthrough yet of SOD?

I like to check out game walkthroughs to see if I miss anything, has anyone found any online sites that have a complete walkthrough? or is the game still too new?

Comments

• SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    There are a few walkthroughs that have been linked in the forum here, but they were all missing some things even in the very first areas and did not cover the whole addon yet.
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2016
    I've found this one on you tube, hope it helps
    stu-k
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    I am in the first area and I see a rope that says exit but it won';t let me grab it. Is there a hint about this?
  • kanemikanemi Member Posts: 31
    mewp12 said:

I am in the first area and I see a rope that says exit but it won';t let me grab it. Is there a hint about this?

Until you clear the entire map, I believe you can ignore that.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2016
    Lilura said:

My walkthrough is only three parts so far but it's a proper written one, not just a series of vids:

http://lilura1.blogspot.com/2016/04/Siege-of-Dragonspear-Walkthrough-Part-I.html

I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I agree that a written walkthrough is much better than youtube. Annotated maps would perhaps also help?
    illathidValamirCleaver
  • MrPotatoChickenMrPotatoChicken Member Posts: 12
    Yeah very few walkthoughts... also very few wiki entries about SoD. It's really difficult finding information about a specific NPC and/or quest. Is there any wiki for SoD? I've tried to find one but I only get B1/B2 wikis, and even few of those have had SoD information added yet.
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    edited April 2016

Yeah very few walkthoughts... also very few wiki entries about SoD. It's really difficult finding information about a specific NPC and/or quest. Is there any wiki for SoD? I've tried to find one but I only get B1/B2 wikis, and even few of those have had SoD information added yet.

I believe that SoD information will be stored here, just like the rest of stuff: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Baldur's_Gate_Wiki

You can help expand it by adding your own articles, new entries for item database should be the easiest ones to do.
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148

I find the BG wiki poorly written compared to, say, the NWN one that is written by real writers with intimate knowledge of the engine/game.

In time my walkthrough will cover all the quests and companions. I have already covered 20 quests in very fine detail (a few of them big ones) and seven companions (incl. notes and pro-tips) - and I've only just reached the Coast Way Crossing.

I hope my write-ups can help lots of ppl out in the future.
    mf2112
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    @Lilura Do you believe you could add your knowledge to the wiki above?
  • mewp12mewp12 Member Posts: 61
    I am in chapter 10. Anyone there?
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Great job Lilura and agree, been using it still now on my 3rd playthrough :)
    JuliusBorisovFemShep
  • LiluraLilura Member Posts: 148
    Glad to hear it, brunardo!

I intend to consult my write-up on my next playthrough, too. I've only played it through once and have already forgotten a lot.
    brunardo