Skip to content

Getting into the section of BG where the Counting house is located.

So, after having played BGII several times, I have finally decided to try the original BG. Well, OK, after a couple of .... introductory chapters, I am now in the city of Baldur's Gates. Well, in order to follow some quest, I need to get into the Merchants' League counting house. I am in the right part of the city, and the counting house is showing on the map, but that part of this specific part of the city is WALLED OFF. So, how do I get to the counting house WITHOUT CHEATING?

Comments

• Mr2150Mr2150 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited September 2016
    In Baldur's Gate there is a big wall that crosses the city roughly west to north-east. Accessing certain parts of the city means you might be on the right/wrong side of this wall, and that sounds like what you've found now.

Think of everything in the north, west, center and north-west (and a little of the north-east) as inside the wall, and everything else as outside. To get to the north-east part of the city, outside the wall, head to the east part of Baldur's Gate and head North from there...

SO... If you are already in the north-east but inside the wall, then you would need to go to the north part, then head south to the centre, then east, then north.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    Just go back to the very first area you came into and take the first road north that you can (assuming North is "up"). It's a secluded little nook :D
  • ValvsValvs Member Posts: 2
    Thanks! Going to the very first (easternmost) area and then north worked!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Just Ctrl+J yourself.

BG design is poor IMO.