Skip to content

When do evil character leave your party?

fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
When do evil character leave your party? I have just tested and donated a lot of gold to a temple and got my reputation up to 18. Dorn and Edwin still stay with me.

However, if I kill civilians and my rep drops below 3, Imoen leaves the party.

Ummm... I am slightly confused...

Comments

• alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Evil companions are angry at eighteen but won't leave until you have nineteen or twenty AND you gain XP. From what I've heard you have to gain XP for any leave scenario to be triggered on either side of the reputation rainbow.
    JuliusBorisov
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    Ah, then I won't have to worry. I decreased my rep to 12. :)

Can I make Dorn loyal to never leave? He seems to confess me A LOT of his personal story.
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    Just like any other evil party members, Dorn will leave when rep hits 19, unfortunately

...unless you install a mod that makes party members never leave
    edited September 2016
    Making your rep lower is easily done by killing a non-essential 'commoner'...
    I usually take out the upstairs residents at Feldepost's Inn when I need to bring my rep down. One of them even has a snazzy cloak. Note that if you kill the cloak's owner (instead of pick pocketing the cloak) you'll miss a small side quest in BG. It's only a few hundred XP and a small bit of gold, of which the gold part is more than made up for by getting better deals from merchants while wearing the cloak.
  • namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    alceryes said:

I usually take out the upstairs residents at Feldepost's Inn when I need to bring my rep down. One of them even has a snazzy cloak. Note that if you kill the cloak's owner (instead of pick pocketing the cloak) you'll miss a small side quest in BG. It's only a few hundred XP and a small bit of gold, of which the gold part is more than made up for by getting better deals from merchants while wearing the cloak.
    You don't have to kill him for the cloak though. He seems like a pretty harmless dude (who, incidentally, doesn't offer much XP). Now, Shandalar, that jerk wizard that you run into in a fishing village, on the other hand...

namarie said:

alceryes said:

You don't have to kill him for the cloak though. He seems like a pretty harmless dude (who, incidentally, doesn't offer much XP). Now, Shandalar, that jerk wizard that you run into in a fishing village, on the other hand...

True enough. But I was referencing how to lower rep, not obtain the cloak.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Another strategy to lower rep is by kicking out and recruiting Dorn, Baeloth and Viconia - if you do it with all 3 then afterwards your max rep will be 14.
    Wowo said:

Another strategy to lower rep is by kicking out and recruiting Dorn, Baeloth and Viconia - if you do it with all 3 then afterwards your max rep will be 14.

That doesn't work if you already have them in your party. When they leave your rep goes up by two each. When they join it goes down by two each - it's a wash.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited August 2020
    There are two characters that are better to kill than commoners. One is Algernon. That way you get his cloak. If you haven't got a thief to pickpocket him or if it fails, killing him is an option.

Once you have done Firebeads quest, you can kill him. Extra XP compared with commoners, plus his possessions. Don't kill him in Candlekeep. That would be game over.

You could justify killing him by saying that he was far too stingy with the reward he gave you for fetching the tome.

At the beginning of the game in Candlekeep at the inn if you are caught breaking into a chest upstairs you can fight and kill the guard. Massive drop in rep, but free plate armour which you cannot buy in Candlekeep. Do your Candlekeep shopping first. If you are a cleric don't buy armour. Use command and kill him. Then use his armour.

In EE regaining rep at mid range isn't too expensive.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Another person to kill is Nadine. She gives you a necklace for he son. If after she gives you the necklace, you kill her you get the necklace of missiles off he body as well as losing7 reputation. (You still have the necklace of protection) So instead of reputation going up 1, it goes down 7. Quite handy for keeping reputation in check. In my current game I am playing evil and am doing things that I wouldn't normally do. It's different.