Skip to content

Will canon characters stick around if I drop them to pursue other PC stories?

robertmarkbramrobertmarkbram Member Posts: 28
I really enjoy Minsc, Dynaheir, Kalid, Jaheria and Imoen in my party, but would like to skip off for a bit and do Neera and Rasaad's quests. I am in Chapter 4 now, just popped into the mine. Can I do their quests at any time? Will the canon party members stick around?

Comments

• ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Yes, they will. But unlike the new EE NPC’s they won’t go to a set place like the Friendly Arms Inn.
    The old NPC will stay right where you leave them - so don’t leave them on random encounter maps or in a place that takes long to reach.

e.g. in my current EE game I left all NPC’s that I wanted to "park" after I had done their one quest (e.g. Kivan - Bandit Camp, Minsc - save Dynaheir) on the High Hedge Map next to the building on the left half of that map. After all one would not leave one’s companions just everywhere but in a nice place for a vacation.
    mf2112sparkleavrobertmarkbram
  • robertmarkbramrobertmarkbram Member Posts: 28
    Thanks for that. Will find a nice place then. :)

Two months later, they are sitting around a battered wooden table, playing cards in the middle of a mine deep underground. Minsc: "Boo thinks she is never coming back for us!"
    Ravenslightmf2112
  • Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20
    Just don't leave them in Cloakwood mines! You won't be able to return to the lower levels after you're done with that story arc.
    robertmarkbram
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Toot83 said:

Just don't leave them in Cloakwood mines! You won't be able to return to the lower levels after you're done with that story arc.

Not to mention that whoever was there drowned to death.
    robertmarkbram
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Kagain's shop is my NPC parking garage. One good fireball would clean up the adventuring population of the Sword Coast in my games
    robertmarkbram