Skip to content

Gotta Go Fast

Hey dudes.
I've been playing a monk character, and loving it so far. MY only issue is the speed bonus the monks get every few levels, so I've been using EEkeeper (very carefully, it's my first time) to get rid of the extra speed. My monk is currently level 5 and I think he's gotten faster than the rest of the party again.
I opened up EEkeeper, and under effects I found something called "Stat: Movement Modifier (II) [176]". Is this the speed bonus monks get, and is this what I should delete again?

Thanks!

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I do not know, but EEKeeper won't override your save . It will create a copy instead, so you can try messing with that and should it not work as expected just go back to your original save.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    As monks level up they get additional bonuses to speed. So if you remove the original +2 speed bonus using EEKeeper, at some point when you level up the speed bonus is going to get updated need to be removed again. I think it's every 5 levels.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Papa_Lou said:

Hey dudes.
    I've been playing a monk character, and loving it so far. MY only issue is the speed bonus the monks get every few levels, so I've been using EEkeeper (very carefully, it's my first time) to get rid of the extra speed. My monk is currently level 5 and I think he's gotten faster than the rest of the party again.
    I opened up EEkeeper, and under effects I found something called "Stat: Movement Modifier (II) [176]". Is this the speed bonus monks get, and is this what I should delete again?

Thanks!

Yes, that's the correct one to delete. You'll need to do this every level 5 levels (when his speed should increase).
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    Awesome, thanks a lot guys!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also note, that monks cannot wear boots of speed, so if you are playing bg2 and your other 5 characters have boots of speed, your monk will not walk slower than them

although you are playing bg1 so there is only 2 pairs of obtainable boots of speed in that game, and one more pair in SoD,

so I guess it wont make too much of a difference