Skip to content

Priests turned hostile.

It is possible to make hostile npc friendly again? I made mistake and stole item for maevar in dayligt so thy are now pursing me and are hostile when i am back to temple district. I fear i might ruin possibility to take unseen eye quest?

Comments

• sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    I'm assuming you stole the statue from Temple of Lathander? That one can be iffy because Dawnmaster Kreel tends to wander around, and sometimes there are morning knights positioned within sight of the case, and sometimes not.

As far as I know there is no way to make them friendly again. It shouldn't affect the unseeing eye quest, however, as either Lathander or Helm will recruit you for it. So long as you didn't piss them both off.
    gorgonzola
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    If the temple of Lathander was to give you that quest, Mae'Var would ask you to steal the amulet of the Weathermistress of Talos instead. So if you were sent to the temple of Lathander then your unseeing eye quest must be with either the temple of Helm or that of Talos. However, if it is with Helm, then one of the quests of the temple (after that of Sir Sarles) involves helping with the recovery of Dawn ring for the temple of Lathander. This one might be ruined but it's a minor quest with no significant reward.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Arunsun said:

If the temple of Lathander was to give you that quest, Mae'Var would ask you to steal the amulet of the Weathermistress of Talos instead. So if you were sent to the temple of Lathander then your unseeing eye quest must be with either the temple of Helm or that of Talos. However, if it is with Helm, then one of the quests of the temple (after that of Sir Sarles) involves helping with the recovery of Dawn ring for the temple of Lathander. This one might be ruined but it's a minor quest with no significant reward.

That's... actually wrong. Mae'Var's first quest is dependent on party reputation, not alignment. So it's entirely possible to be a good-aligned PC and be sent to rob the temple of Lathander. If you anger the temple that offers the Unseeing Eye quest you're pretty much stuffed, but I don't actually think it's as bad if it's another unrelated temple.
    KuronaMontresor_SPgorgonzolaArunsun
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited September 2016
    Is true that Mae'Var's first quest is dependent on party reputation, that in the case was 9 or less.
    But that already happened, and the quest was ruined because he failed to steal. And it would have no other consequence of having the lathander crew going hostile, but there were still a way to recover, killing them only inside of the temple, going invisible and bringing to Maevar the amulet or just hastening the party and doing the same. With the problem of having Lathander followers going hostile every time that he enters the temple district, but also that could be addressed. At that moment was possible to complete Maevar's quest successfully and even to get the stronghold with a thief charname. And probably is also now.

The REAL ERROR imo was fighting with them in the street, having also the Helm ones going hostile. and you have to pass trough a helmite to get the Unseeing Eye quest, and it is now impossible, no matter what are reputation and alignment.

Now the Unseeing Eye quest is lost forever, but is a completely optional quest, all is lost is the chance to recruit Keldorn, some XP and few items (if the OP chose to don't reload or cheat with global variables), nothing that prevents to complete the game.
    But if you have still only the Lathander followers hostile you can avoid to fight them outside the temple, exit the area and re enter it invisible and get the first talk that triggers the UE quest. then you have to avoid to fight them all the times you have to pass in front of them. Mages have a spell that grants invisibility to all the party and potions can be also used.

EDIT: the answer to the OP's question is no, there is no legal way to make hostile npc friendly again, A merchant that caught you stealing from him is lost forever, as the people that witness you killing in the streets will be forever hostile. All you can do is avoid to kill also them, getting the things even worse, or to lure them in some place where no other neutral people see and kill them, loosing other reputation but stopping the chain reaction effect of having further people going hostile.