Skip to content

Can Edwin remain in the party without killing Dynaheir?

Or: is there any chance for a good character to have edwin while roleplaying adequately?

Comments

• IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2016
    I'm pretty sure if you rescue Dynaheir with Minsc not in the party you can keep both as long as you don't add Minsc. It's not that hard to role play it either in my opinion. They are both powerful spell casters and you need their help to beat Sarevok. Also red wizards of Thay are a powerful group and you can expect to learn at least some about them from Edwin. Who knows when you might need their help in the future.
    DJKajuruJuliusBorisov
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Thanks @ConjurerDragon and @Iglosnof !
    JuliusBorisov
    Just one more thing, gentlemen. RP'wise , why would Edwin remain in the party if we decide not to ever kill Dynaheir neither keep her in the party?
  • IglosnofIglosnof Member Posts: 119
    Well I am not a 100% certain but I read somewhere that Edwin's main mission on the sword coast is to follow and get as much information as possible on charname. Killing Dynaheir is just the cherry on top.
    I made a quick test today and I've got 2 conclusions:

-Telling edwin and dynaheir to settle their own differences is not "that" evil considering that you don't know anything about either one until you get to meet the two mages. Should Edwin defeat her he offers his services in spite of your alignment. It gets quite awkward if you've got Minsc too, since he does nothing to save her.

-If you've got Dynaheir in the party but not Edwin , the red wizards from the NE part of the map will mention the he failen his mission of murdering her.

JuliusBorisov
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    @Iglosnof say whaat? Do you have any source on that? I have never ever heard such a thing. I mean he is mean and all, but he possibly cannot be that great of an actor. For whom is he working then?

Ok, I admit, i havent finished game with him. But does his intentions really show in lategame?
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    Riderat said:

For whom is he working then?

His own words often reveal he is indeed in service of Mad Monkey, a mischievous demideity of faraway Kara-Tur.

Nimran
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Iglosnof said:

Well I am not a 100% certain but I read somewhere that Edwin's main mission on the sword coast is to follow and get as much information as possible on charname. Killing Dynaheir is just the cherry on top.

@Iglosnof

I think that's from mods/fanfic ect. not the original game.

NPC Project has become so ingrained with the game it's hard to seperate what was added and what was there.

I can't remember, for instance, if Dynaheir gives any indication to Charname if they know who/what they are or finally admits that pre NPC Project.
    Consequently I never take Dynaheir because it feels like a betrayal to me (apart from Edwin being so much better).
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    IIRC, you learn about Dynaheir's mission only if you charm her. I always thought it was neat that the original developers added in that bit of backstory that 99% of the players would never see.
    DJKajuruJuliusBorisovConjurerDragonIsewein
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    BillyYank said:

IIRC, you learn about Dynaheir's mission only if you charm her. I always thought it was neat that the original developers added in that bit of backstory that 99% of the players would never see.

@BillyYank

That is neat, I never knew that.

Am going to try that on my current game as I have gritted my teeth and taken her along.

Thanks.