Skip to content

Seeking unique class for a full play though.

RosxRosx Member Posts: 6
edited September 2016 in New Players (NO SPOILERS!)
Greetings! New to BG, D&D and the forums.

I have a fair grasp on the mechanics of the game thusfar. I did a speed run and beat the first BGEE as a cavalier with a party of four on the easiest settings to get the hang of things. I have also done tons of research on the forums so I have an idea of the outline of my goal character.

I would really like to dig in now. I want to enjoy the game to it's fullest with a completionist run from one to three as the same character. I have a few odd but unmoving stipulations, but am otherwise open to suggested classes with a brief explanation why!

- I want to play an elf or half-elf, human as a last resort. I like the sprites the best and will have to look at them for quite a while.
- I don't hate robes, but I prefer the look of leather and chain armor.
- No dual classing, multi-classing sounds fun though. I have weighed the pros and cons and dual is not for me.

Unique classes. I really want to play a well rounded character that I likely won't see much of in NPCs. I enjoy adding and dropping party members, and being self sufficient in-between. I don't want the best or strongest class; but not gimped either. I want diverse gameplay that stays fresh, but still presents a challenge. I have considered Beast Master, Avenger, Bard of some sort, or a F/T/M thusfar.

Thank you in advance to any suggestions or responses I receive!!!

[ playing on android tablet, cannot mod]
Post edited by Rosx on

Comments

• mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Welcome to the forums! You definitely won't see a triple class NPC. :) Slow progression though can get kinda frustrating sometimes. And you would need to play a half elf to choose that. Maybe a gnome or dwarf fighter/thief?
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    FMT or Blade in my opinion, the problem of preferring leather and chain armor over robes is solved using the few chain mails that allow spellcasting.
    The blade can solo through the saga with little problem and has a fast growing, FMT is more versatile, but he grows slower. This does not mean that he will have 1/3 of the level of a bard, as the relation XP/level is not linear, he will have on average 2 levels less for each class, but will have some points where the things get slower and he will have to wait a long time for getting some spell levels and abilities (ie he gets the better backstab multiplier very late).
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    why not try a swashbuckler?
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    A cleric/thief is an interesting class that can wear armour and can play a range of different roles in the team. Backstabs with enhanced strength can do a huge amount of damage.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Elven FMT is the coolest character
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I'm going to say FMT too. The slow progression can be annoying though, and I've only tried one while playing solo ("get off ma' xp!"). There are just so many different ways to tackle challenges with a FMT.
  • ShadowGambitShadowGambit Member Posts: 20
    You actually can use EE Keeper with your andoid Tablet as long as you have a PC available, no need to have the game installed on the PC. (I use a pixel C from google, and I was able to use EE Keeper).

That said, I would say a Swashbuckler/mage multiclass... It is very close to the F/M/T but being only a M/T with a kit, level progression wouldn't be as mush as a hassle.

If you want THE ULTIMATE TANK, in my point of view, play a Dwarven Defender/Cleric multiclass... Ok, it is not an elf type... but hell, it can take a beating like no one.

• AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    Avengers are fun, and have some of the most diverse gameplay of any single class. You can do a little of anything - you have some wizard spells to buff the druid spell list, you have new and useful shapeshifts (web + sword spider!), you can fight ranged or melee in a pinch with the usual Iron Skins and such buffs. The three other druids are all sufficiently different that you wouldn't seem like you were overlapping that much with them.
  • GallengerGallenger Member Posts: 400
    If you're into elves the triple class or fighter/mage thief/mage multiclasses are really fun. For single classes: Stalker (ranger), any mage type or sorc, and virtually any thief kit are pretty fun. You could also go Barbarian just to buck the Elven trend! lol.

For half-elf most of the above and also a lot of what people have said already is definitely true, avengers, the various bards, cleric/thoof, and of course fighter/druid are also all pretty neat and flexible enough that you can fill a lot of different roles with your character to pick up the NPCs you like most.