Skip to content

Karoug with solo sorc

Quick question, anyone done this or am I gonna get myself trapped there with no way to kill him?

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Are you using a level cap remover? If you have access to spells like lower resistance he shouldn't be too bad. He is also vulnerable to Wands of Frost, amongst other things.

But you wouldn't miss out on much to skip the island.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Failing that, Fireshield plus Stoneskin/Mirror Image could do him some serious damage while he tries to batter away at you. Hit him back with the silver dagger, and you should stand a chance.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Yep fireshields should make it easy
  • NeeberNeeber Member Posts: 33
    Yeah I have the cap removed just finished durlags and it put me to lvl 11. On that note are all the bg2 tob spells available for sorcerer in dragonspear? With cap off I'm wondering how far I'm going to go Xp wise and if I'll be able to appropriately select spells for my lvl. Also yeah I'm a big fan of stoneskin----> mirror image----> fireshield... I took FS blue but was wondering if you can have red and blue active for double damage and if it's worth taking on a sorcerer. I mean ive got the must haves for lvl 4 and a lot of guys say spider spawn but I think it's too useless later on. Secret word is an option I guess but I'll be taking breach, pierce magic and already roll with remove magic. You guys seem familiar with this sorcerer businesses whatddya think ?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @Neeber Use your scrolls
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Can you list your spellbook and wands?
    I have infinite gold so I tote around 3 fire wands a frost wand, paralyzation, and monster summon. In fact just got done charging them up to max so those six.... standard lvl 1 spells... mm protection from evil, 2nd mirror image blur invis (cause solo) knock (again solo) blur and web... 3rd ahhh melfs min meteors, slow, skull trap, haste, 4th I got fireshield blue, stoneskin, and spirit armor (ugh) and 5th I got spell turning and immunity.... was gonna take lower resistance next lvl but forgot about ole karoug and am about 200k away and honestly milked most all xp out of the game... don't know that there is that much left
  • WilsonWWilsonW Member Posts: 1
    With skull traps : 1) prepare a lot of traps outside the ship (cast 5, rest, cast 5, rest ...until there are enough) 2) buff so as to be almost untouchable+ kill his lackeys 3) cast a minor globe to have immunity to skull traps (if you have a scroll ; if not you can also use potions of magic resistancex2, or you can just be very careful not to be taken in the aoe, but as I play without reloads I would not do that myself) 4) lure him into your traps, he will follow you and meet his destiny.
    @Neeber You can have both fireshields, and it makes this pretty cool purple flame effect around you for the duration. Irenicus does this when you fight him at the Tree of Life, and both of them will do damage to anyone who hits you. That said, I wouldn't have a Sorcerer learn either of them, since spells like Improved Invisibility, Greater Malison, and Emotion: Hopelessness are more versatile generally. Still, you wouldn't lose too much by grabbing one, I guess. Maybe replace II with Shadow Door instead since you're soloing.
    I love Wilson's plan...I like extra cheese on all my play throughs but you can definitely rationalize setting a gnarly trap.... and as far as 4th lol yeah I mean you take greater Malison obviously and stoneskin but is emotion hopelessness that great ? Never used it myself. I see some ppl recommend it some skip it. And I like improved invisibility.... but that staff of the magi tho... feel like it's a wasted slot after that. So I'm real torn as to what I'm gonna do there
    edited September 2016
    Emotion is a lot more useful if you plan on going through SOD, when you'll face whole armies worth of bad guys and can drop maybe half of them with one spell. I'd call it borderline essential, really, better than blasting spells for that campaign. As for Improved Invisibility, it gives you a huge boost to saving throws on top of protection from spells cast at you, and an AC boost. I'd say it's still worth it.
  • The_CheesemanThe_Cheeseman Member Posts: 175
    A standard SoD install includes all the BG2 spells, but the dialogues aren't there, so Limited and standard Wish spells don't work.

BG1 + TotSC will get you to about 1.2 million exp, solo. You should hit 3 million by the end of SoD (assuming you get full Insane spawns). Note that you can't level up after 3mil. Because the UI for HLA selection isn't in the game. There are UI mods to fix that, though.