Skip to content

Items Missing From BG Import to SOD

Hoping somebody will be able to explain what has happened.

First playthrough of SOD, played badly, rushed through, didn't get into the game at all and have abandoned that playthrough (got as far as the "river" map after the big camp place).
All items (all the top of the range stuff you get over BG) present.

So wanted to try new run, take my time, really try and understand what was happening ect.

So have again started with my final save import, and items are missing, scroll case, gem bag, potion case.
Ok, I can live with that annoying but not unsurmountable.

So play the first dungeon, say goodbye to companions (not that they bothered to write any dialog that makes you feel involved, but that's a different complaint), strip non returning companions of equipped items/armour ect).
Items show up in chest, so far so good.

Leave Edwin and Virconia fully equipped (as I did in that first playthrough) as I will be picking them up later.

But when I pick them up, no equipment?
They have lost spells (and for Edwin that's a disaster and have already lost scroll case to replace them), lost levels.

So have lost MOD, boomerang dagger, robe of Evil Archmagi, Hands of Tazok, full plate mail, various wands, ect.
All of this stuff passed on very nicely though for the first playthrough.

Anybody got any idea what went wrong the second import?
Any reason the stuff was lost when leaving the first dungeon?

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I just came back for another playthrough, and am having the same issue with Neera. So far everyone else kept their gear they had at the start of dragonspear, but she lost all her learned spells, the robe of neutral archmagi, and evermemory. Khalid's the last of my crew I have yet to pick up, so I'm really hoping it doesn't happen to him too. Safana and Jaheira all kept their stuff.

Next time I start the game up, I think I'm going to console back in some of the stuff she lost.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    edited October 2016
    Deleted comment as I misread the question.

Pretty much everything should transfer from BG1 to SoD.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    It's a known bug. What happens is that sometimes a savegame will contain two copies of a companion character, a "current" version and a "fresh" version (my suspicion is this occurs if you use a savegame created just after the character initially joined the party). If this occurs when you meet the character in SoD then you will encounter the "fresh" version instead of the "current" version.