Skip to content

Custom portraits iPad ! Jailbreak required

jk1989jkjk1989jk Member Posts: 8
edited September 2015 in General Modding
Hi all just thought I'd share with you guys a simple guide to getting custom portraits in bg:ee and bg2:ee if you are using the iPad versions. 1. Install ifunbox on your PC, 2. Download your selected image and convert into two files must be Bmp format 24 bit and pixel size is 230 x 300 for the large and 54 x 84 for the small, 3. Name them something short like vin1L.bmp and vin1S.bmp, note the L for large and S for small must be a capital, 4. In ifunbox open up bgee or bg2ee and open up the folder library and create a new folder called portraits must all be lower case, 5. Place your two files in the folder and close ifunbox, 6. Launch game and a custom button will now be visible on portrait selection screen and click and choose you portrait. All done ! See attached a few I have made : Any queries or further help let me know! I
Post edited by jk1989jk on
Rypere

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited September 2015
    We used to be able to, but after iOS 8 it kinda put a plug in it. I haven't checked in a while.
  • jk1989jkjk1989jk Member Posts: 8
    Jailbreak is required if your iPad is iOS 8.3 or later and you need to install something in Cydia to access the sandbox, note the error message you get when you try to access sandbox will tell you what file from Cydia is needed.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I'm not sure what version of ifunbox I was using but I downloaded it recently last week, would be great if jailbreak wasn't required as I don't particularly need or use it for much else, good luck !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Yeah from what I gather it's impossible without jailbreak as you are right by saying the files simply aren't there, and even with a jailbreak, it wasn't till I installed Apple file conduit 2 from Cydia then all the folders appeared in sandbox. Also I haven't tried any custom portraits for Icewind dale on iPad, will give that a shot.
    hi guys I can confirm custom portraits also work on icewind dale ipad jailbreak and despite the other posts says custom soundsets don't work? well I got that working to! note only tested on ipad and jailbreak, I will be posting a full complete guide on custom portraits and soundsets for Ipad jailbreak very soon!!!
  • RypereRypere Member Posts: 1
    Gonna necro the thread to say thanks, and also because I feel like this information needs to be easier to find...

For new BG2EE ioS users who want custom portraits for yourself or for npcs, from what I could tell after about 45 minutes, you need to jailbreak your device and use the above method. Sending yourself a .bg2portait file via email doesn't work, for me anyway, and wont replace NPC portraits either.

Dropping NPC portrait replacers from your override folder into the folder you're using for custom portraits will also replace theirs, so that's nice and easy if you have the PC version modded to your taste already.

You can effectively download a folder pack that replaces NPC portraits off of, say the BG2 nexus, and drop it directly into this folder if you don't have the PC version though.

Thanks again for your help jk1989jk, the vanilla portraits were the worst part of BG imo.