Skip to content

Which spells and items have charming effects?

I'm making a mod that changes the way charm spells, and charming items, work - in BG:EE. Then there are special abilities of this sort, too. So instead of asking other modders I decided to cast the broadest possible net and ask players. Your collective memory can probably list more things than I could ever remember and I lot I have never found.

Here is the basic list, until SoD:

Charm Person - wizard 1
Dire Charm (actually a very different spell according to lore, but I have to edit it anyway) - wizard 3
Charm Person or Mammal - priest 2
Charm Animal - ranger ability
Coran's special power
Domination and Mental Domination (those I want to leave as they are, but I'm listing them for completeness)

What else? And what about items? I can think of the Ring of Animal Friendship that you get off the druid in Cloakwood. Then, I distinctly remember, the original Tales of the Sword Coast, at the inn in Ulgoth's Beard, sold a harp which did something. Did it have charming power? I don't remember, and I don't know if it is there anymore.

Your help would be appreciated. You can list charming spells and items from SoD and mods, too. I've got to remake as many as I can for compatibility.

Comments

• namarienamarie Member Posts: 52
    Algernon's Cloak can Charm most creatures in EE (don't remember if it's just Charm Person in vanilla)
    Nymph Cloak can Charm Person
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Did Coran have a charm power? I always thought it was Safana's schtick.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Yes, Algernon's and the Nymph Cloak. I'll need to see what spells they actually cast.

Coran has a Charm Animal.