Skip to content

BGEE: Sound works initially, but stops after 1-2 minutes [RESOLVED]

KargunKargun Member Posts: 6
edited October 2016 in Troubleshooting
Pretty much what the title says. When I first start the game all sounds work just fine, but after 60-90 seconds footsteps, voices, combat audio and similar all stops working. However, ambient & music audio continues to work.

I see from previous posts that there were issues with sound not working at all, but couldn't find anything on people experiencing what I've described above.

I've tried installing OpenAL, but it makes no differences. My drivers are all up-to-date.

I'm playing on PC, via Steam under Windows 10. My sound card is a Creative X-Fi Titanium.

Any support would be very much appreciated!
Post edited by Kargun on

Comments

• KargunKargun Member Posts: 6
    I found this previous post which seems to describe my issue almost exactly:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/32883/windows-7-audio-problem-sfx-voice-sounds-not-playing

Unfortunately, the fix described doesn't resolve the issue for me.
  • KargunKargun Member Posts: 6
    Fixed! I uninstalled all registered versions of OpenAL, including the suggested alternatives from other threads. BG wouldn't even start, so I knew they were gone. I then searched my other Steam games for other unregistered versions of OpenAL32.dll. There were 3. I picked one and copied it to my BGEE directory (in this case, I used the one from UnderRail, but other versions likely work too). Now the audio issue appears to have resolved itself.