Skip to content

[Request] Group buttons (i.e. Stealth)

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
Current behaviour:
Got a troupe of thieves and rangers? Almost impossible to handle so far. That'd change with a simple group stealth button.

Desired behaviour: Instead of helping out just theives & rangers - to have generally freely configurable group buttons would we helpful for other certain PC/NPC party combinations too.
Post edited by Lunever on

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Group stealth would not work as each character has to make an individual roll to see if stealth is successful. Changing the nature of rolls for individual characters to affect a group would fundamentally change the game. Just stick to group invisibility...
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    @Space_hamster: You misunderstand me - I just want a button that makes everybody in the group use his stealth skill instead of having constantly pause the game and select stealth for each thief and ranger separately. Ever played with 2 thieves and 2 rangers? That's no fun.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Well, perhaps they could tweak it so the stealth button attempts to stealth everyone who is selected, that would be easy. There are scripts to auto stealth as well. I'm a sucker for micromanagement, I don't mind clicking. ;)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @Space_hamster: You misunderstand me - I just want a button that makes everybody in the group use his stealth skill instead of having constantly pause the game and select stealth for each thief and ranger separately. Ever played with 2 thieves and 2 rangers? That's no fun.
    Since they have group attack they should have group stealth. It is a common enough used ability (monks, thieves and rangers all use it). So I support this.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    Agreed, a group stealth button and/or more freely configurable group buttons in general would be nice.