Skip to content

Friend of Volo Achievement Bug

gmazcagmazca Member Posts: 60
Just completed Baldur's Gate 1 (SoD not installed) and I did not get the Friend of Volo achievement for finishing the game in story mode. Does the achievement require SoD to be installed? I wouldn't think so considering I got the Flying Solo achievement in the same playthrough. Anyone else run into this problem?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think this achievement activates once you beat sarevok, so when you defeat him, just let the game run through its video and all that, sometimes when you beat the game and start clicking to skip cut scenes and such, it will make it so achievements don't get activated
  • gmazcagmazca Member Posts: 60
    I actually realized that this achievement will not appear if you solo the game in Story Mode. It is odd, but I reloaded an earlier save, recruited Tiax, and fought Serevok again to get the achievement. And after all this, I never got the Hero of Baldur's Gate achievement.

I reloaded the game again. Quickly shot Serevok with a missile weapon and kitted him outside before he talked to me. Killed him outside. Then I get the Hero of Baldur's Gate achievement. Beamdog might want to look at how these 3 achievements work together. I'm glad I finally got them, but such work should not be required when you fulfill all 3 criteria the first time around.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    maybe you can only get one achievement at a time?