Skip to content

Looking for help - Do I have a bug ?

I've only just picked up IWD and been playing for a couple off weeks but already hit a problem. In the Vale of Shadows I've come across a Lesser Shadow that I can't kill, all of my weapons are showing as "ineffective" (yet I've already killed a bunch of Lesser Shadows as I've moved across the screen. Am I missing something or is there something up with the game? It follows me everywhere relentlessly killing off my team which is a pain. Don't want to just run through Vale of Shadows as I'm sure there are missions here I need to complete - help anyone ?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    You can encounter a single regular Shadow in the Vale of Shadows. It's located in front of the tomb entrance in the northeastern corner of the map. This creature can only be hurt by spells or magical weapons.

You should be able to purchase magical weapons from Conlan and spells from Orrick in Kuldahar. Your cleric (if you have one) may be able to turn it, provided his level is high enough. I think level 5 or higher is required to scare it away.
  • Pablo_CPablo_C Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for that, as a first timer I was a bit confused when I was able to kill all the others but not this one . . . . will change my approach and see if that works (although my team are all level 3 at the moment so not strong enough and certainly can't afford magic weapons yet)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you have to watch out for the name of the shadow bad guys, lesser shadow can be affected by normal weapons, but shadow requires magical weaponry to affect it ( or spell damage, magic missile is a good one for mages/bards, or magical stone by clerics - and maybe druids- )
  • Armanz92Armanz92 Member Posts: 53
    edited October 2016
    You can also use spells to damage it, the magic stone spell (lvl1) from clerics does a huge ton of damage.

There's a +1 weapon in
    the Vale of Shadows starting map. Basically in the middle of the map where theres an entry to a cave (not a crypt!). You have to kill the Yeti Chieftain and he drops a random +1 weapon to my knowledge.