Skip to content

Looking for artist for a party portrait.

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
Hello all, I'm planning a Christmas gift for a friend and want to commission a group portrait of his two favorite and my two favorite characters that we use for RP. I was wondering if I could be pointed to some artists willing to do as such. I can't guarantee I'll actually go through with the commission as I imagine it will be pricey but I want to look at some options for if I do end up commissioning it. I would be able to provide references for the characters as well as written descriptions and such.

The characters are as follows:

Cu Sidhe, Male Kitsune Bard
Piro Faeren, Female Gnome Bard
Kitze Tribal, Male Human Monk
Aiyumi Kikyo, Female Human Priestess

Comments

• VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I may also end up commissioning a larger cast of characters depending on how many people want in on the commission. We'd be splitting the costs between all involved. This would require a lot of time/effort but hopefully we can pay whatever the cost is as a group effort.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited October 2016
    I imagine either deviantart, patreon, or tumblr would reveal dozen of potential artists who actively do comissions. My advice would be to simply look around those sites a bit on your own and ask the artists directly if you find their previous works/drawing styles appealing.

Some artists point out their prices for comissions on their profiles as well. Like $25 for heads, $60 for an upper body portrait, or $90 for a full body painting. Needless to say prices vary between artists.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I actually am searching those places and have asked a few people already if they'd be interested/willing to do such commissions. Just trying to ask as many places as I can to get the most varied options and such before deciding on a particular artist :smile:
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I am not so skilled myself, but as for place I can recommend Newgrounds as well. I'm sure you'll find someone.