Skip to content

Jaheira's Non-Romance Banters

redlineredline Member Posts: 296
The old sorcerers.net banter list seemed to indicate that Jaheira had a number of banters with the PC that are only available if they're not romantically compatible. Does anyone know what criteria are checked to enable or disable these dialogs? Are the PC's race and/or gender checked explicitly, or is there a simple flag I can toggle in EEkeeper to enable these dialogs for a compatible-but-uninterested PC?

And without spoilers, can anyone confirm if these extra dialogs would make any sense in that situation, or are there specific allusions to gender, race, etc that wouldn't make sense out of the originally-intended context?

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I don't think that race would have anything to do with her non-romance dialogs. There are some dialogs that only triggers because you have another NPC in your team. When I ended the romance between me and my PC, she has never spoken any other banter unless it triggers because you have other NPCs that are needed for the dialog. A clear example is from the Aerie Romance.
    When she keeps nagging about her wings and Jaheira gets mad and the whole banter turns into a fight between them.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    I'm specifically referring to banters between the PC and Jaheira in this case, not those involving other NPCs. http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG2/bg2_npc_banters.php, which has been a pretty solid resource in the past, seems to suggest that there are some banters that take place only if you can't romance Jaheira, and I wasn't sure what criteria were checked when triggering those dialogs. The same appears to be true for Anomen.
  • caescaes Member Posts: 33
    I can recall one such banter. Male half-orc protagonist. After the first meeting with Galen instead of her usual romance talk N1 she said something about our situation.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    They exist! Awesome, that confirmation is helpful, at least. I guess I'll fiddle around with the flags for an otherwise-eligible CHARNAME to see if I can trigger them.