Skip to content

Lanneth

Hey dudes.

First of all, I love Neera. She's one of my favorite NPCs in general, and her quests/story are very interesting. I'm doing her BG2 questline now, and I came across the Lanneth battle. Not the first part, but the second part, in the room with "King" Gramm.

Granted, this battle is of course going to be rather difficult, but I've encountered what I think is a bug. After the initial battle, my party is pretty hurt, but that's nothing Jaheira couldn't fix. What she can't fix, however, is the lack of spells Neera and Nalia have left. So naturally, I tried the battle regardless, thinking I could perhaps get through it with my meagre amount of spells, but that proved to be too difficult for to really care for. So, I loaded my quicksave from right before this battle, and headed to an inn to rest and switch up my spells a bit. This time, however, as soon as I entered the hideout again, some text started appearing like "Lanneth: Stone skin", "Lanneth: Mirror Image", and whatnot, which didn't happen before. Mind you, this is all before we initiate conversation with her in Gramm's room. So I head up to the room, and Lanneth is nowhere to be seen. I killed the two Thayan Fighters and the red wizard, and still no Lanneth. I tried detecting invisibility, dispelling magic, everything, and still no Lanneth. Occasionally I get some more text telling me that Lanneth has casted another Stone Skin or Blur, but she's nowhere to be seen. I can't open any of the doors to the left or right, and Gramm has nothing to say to me.

SO basically, because of this, I have to try my best to get rid of her on my original save, where my team is slightly bruised up and I have little to no spells left. Neera does have a Breach, but that's hardly enough to deal with this fight, given my circumstances.

I'm not the greatest at this game, and this is only my second full playthrough of the series, and I'm almost too proud to bring the difficulty down from Core Rules just because of (what I think is) a bug. So really, I'm looking for any advice people have, knowing that my only chance at getting rid of Lanneth's protections are a Breach spell.

My party is my Charname (Sun Soul Monk), Minsc, Jaheira, Yoshimo, Nalia, and Neera.

Thanks dudes.

Comments

• alceryesalceryes Member Posts: 380
    Do you have another older save that you test out? ...maybe just to jump to this encounter to see if it's still bugged?

Also, are you able to initiate the battle and then run and rest up?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Maybe she wandered off to another room? There are small rooms with cupboards/drawers with treasure on the sides of the hall leading to King Gramm's cell room.
    Advanced ai spellcasters tend to wander and look for enemies, though she shouldn't really do that if you haven't opened the cell rooms door.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I second what @lunar said. I had Lanneth vanish on me, and she was hidden in some corner. It was one of the tiny side rooms and I had to enter the room before she was in my field of vision.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Yup happened to me too, she ended up being in one of those small cells.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    alceryes said:

Also, are you able to initiate the battle and then run and rest up?

This might actually be a good idea, I'll give it a shot when I get home from work tonight!
    lunar said:

Maybe she wandered off to another room? There are small rooms with cupboards/drawers with treasure on the sides of the hall leading to King Gramm's cell room.
    Advanced ai spellcasters tend to wander and look for enemies, though she shouldn't really do that if you haven't opened the cell rooms door.

This would have explained a lot, except I noticed in a previous battle that she liked to go into those small rooms, so I closed all those doors beforehand to keep the battle in one area. Unless they can open/close doors? I'll check into this as well, thanks!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I wonder if mages, like raptors, can open doors.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    ThacoBell said:

I wonder if mages, like raptors, can open doors.

Turns out they can indeed. She was hiding in one of the small rooms on he right side, and the door had been closed again.

I felt kind of bad barging into her room like that, only to slaughter her. She could have been midway through a diary entry or just finishing another season of her favourite Netflix original series.

At least Neera appreciated it. She even gave me a
    Mechanical... bird?