Skip to content

Experience cap remover and new High Level Ability pools for F/M/C and F/M/T

leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
This mod removes experience cap for BG2:EE and allows multi-class F/M/T and F/M/C characters to choose level 10 Wizard spells as well as choose extra level 6-8 spell slots.

The choice of which HLAs to include and which to exclude is based on someone's mod (contents of readme.txt file attached below) a few years ago.

Since BG2:EE has 25 slots for HLA selection screen, in addition to abilities mentioned below I have also added Warcry to F/M/C HLA pool and Alchemy to F/M/T pool.

Removed experience cap means multi-class characters as well as a few single class characters can now attain level 40 in all classes.

How to install:

1. Download and extract 'BG2EE_HLA_XPCAP_remover.zip' to main BG2EE folder containing Baldur.exe.

2. Enjoy! Need to restart the program after installation but there is no need to restart the whole game or progress. New FMC/FMT HLA pools will appear on next level up screen.

How to uninstall:

Please delete LUABBR.2DA, LUFMC.2DA, LUFMT.2DA, STARTARE.2DA, startbp.2DA, XPCAP.2DA, and XPLEVEL.2DA files from 'override' folder.

Please feel free to add to your own mod, make weidu version of this mod, or modify the mod files as you see fit, as long as the proper credit is given to the original modder (KE_Sabre@hotmail.com).

Any question please feel free to post on baldursgate.com forum.

-leeho730

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This patch edit the High Level Abilities for the Fighter/Mage/Cleric and Fighter/Mage/Thief multi-class characters - obviously this is for people with Throne of Bhaal only.

Currently in the game, the Fighter/Mage/Cleric and Fighter/Mage/Thief multi-class only get abilities from the Fighter/Cleric and Fighter/Thief class, respectively. This is mostly because the Mage's abilities are no use until your character can cast level 9 spells - which is impossible without removing the experience cap - although the extra memorise slot for level 6 to 8 would have been nice.

There is only one problem with the edit, there is a limit to the number of abilities the game can handle - which is 24. If you add the abilities from the F/M/C and the F/M/T you'll get 28 and 29, respectively. Therefore 4 abilities are removed for the F/M/C and 5 for the F/M/T. The decision was done through a poll at GameBanshee forum, so it will not suit everyone, but at least it's not just my opinion.

Here is a list of the abilities that the multi-class will be able to get, listed according to class, abilities with * are mutually exclusive:

Fighter/Mage/Cleric:
Cleric
- Aura of Flaming Death
- Elemental Summoning
- Energy Blades
- Globe of Blades
- Implosion
- Mass Raise Dead
- Storm of Vengeance
- *Summon Deva
- *Summon Fallen Deva
Fighter
- Critical Strike (Need Power Attack)
- Greater Whirlwind Attack (Need Whirlwind Attack)
- Hardiness
- Power Attack
- Resist Magic
- Smite (Need Critical Strike)
- Whirlwind Attack
- Warcry
Mage
- Comet
- Dragon's Breath
- Extra Level 6 Spell
- Extra Level 7 Spell (Need Extra Level 6 Spell)
- Extra Level 8 Spell (Need Extra Level 7 Spell)
- Improved Alacrity
- *Summon Dark Planetar
- *Summon Planetar

Fighter/Mage/Thief:
Fighter
- Critical Strike (Need Power Attack)
- Greater Whirlwind Attack (Need Whirlwind Attack)
- Hardiness
- Power Attack
- Resist Magic
- Smite (Need Critical Strike)
- Whirlwind Attack
Mage
- Comet
- Dragon's Breath
- Energy Blades
- Extra Level 6 Spell
- Extra Level 7 Spell (Need Extra Level 6 Spell)
- Extra Level 8 Spell (Need Extra Level 7 Spell)
- Improved Alacrity
- Summon Dark Planetar*
- Summon Planetar*
Thief
- Alchemy
- Assassination
- Avoid Death
- Evasion
- Greater Evasion (Need Evasion)
- Set Exploding Trap
- Set Spike Trap
- Set Time Trap
- Use Any Item

As I said before, the Mage's abilities are useless unless you can cast level 9 spells - which means you need to remove the experience cap. I have included the Experience Cap Remover with this patch. So all you have to do it copy the files into the Override folder of BGII, it is recommended that you make backup of any files that are already in the Override folder.

This and other BGII customisations are available from my site http://www.users.bigpond.com/qtnt/index.htm, if you have any problems/suggestions, feel free to contact me at KE_Sabre@hotmail.com

Comments

• jacob_jacob_ Member Posts: 8
    Thank you!!! This is awesome.
  • King_NothingKing_Nothing Member Posts: 26
    link dosn't work : (
  • crazyjcrazyj Member Posts: 1
    link work. thank you
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    edited December 2013
    For those who cannot see the link, please try the google drive link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4xflxrrgSrwakdUSkVNYmg2MDA/edit?usp=sharing
  • HoudiniHoudini Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    can't make it work neither mac and windows installations.
    I have already copied files (and files in override dir) anywhere in bg2 folders, but no effect. Suppose I missing smth.
    Any ideas?

Update: not an issue any more
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    like now. and download.

how about a small tutorial?
  • machelitemachelite Member Posts: 2
    thanks for this patch.
  • leeho730leeho730 Member Posts: 285
    I defo need tutorial to make Weidu version of this mod...

What kind of tutorial? I don't know much, this mod is more of copy and paste, nothing new or innovative.

Possibly one can include greater deathblow instead of warcry but that might be too cheesy...
  • NoitchiNoitchi Member Posts: 8
    I can't run it on mac sniff... any solution for a total noob?
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    edited August 2014
    Disregard
  • QwaziQwazi Member Posts: 10
    Will there be issues on installing this after installing SCS? In the SCS installation I have chosen for HLA spells to be given as innate abilities rather than be in spellbook if that matters.
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    Does somebody knows if this cap remover works as expected with 2.1 patch too?
    Thanks in advance
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Yes I would also like to know how to get the HLAs for my high level F/M/T
  • axellsladeaxellslade Member Posts: 47
    Daevelon said:

Does somebody knows if this cap remover works as expected with 2.1 patch too?
    Thanks in advance

helmo1977 said:

Yes I would also like to know how to get the HLAs for my high level F/M/T

Yup, works fine!
    Actually i found a problem; restarting SoA with a character with 3000000+ xp makes the character have the old SoA cap (2900000).
    Daevelon said:

Actually i found a problem; restarting SoA with a character with 3000000+ xp makes the character have the old SoA cap (2900000).

Oh? I just restarted SoA with a level 50 character I had and it still had the 5 million XP it had when I finished the playthrough with it.

Oh? I just restarted SoA with a level 50 character I had and it still had the 5 million XP it had when I finished the playthrough with it.

Level 50?? But with this cap remover the max level is still 40 :o
    Daevelon said:

Level 50?? But with this cap remover the max level is still 40 :o
    Whoops, you are right. I forgot I had also installed Tweaks Anthology cap remover after putting these files into override. My fault. :s
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited May 2016
    If you simply put all the files in the override folder the game wont even start. Which files should, AFTER 2.1, go into the override folder? I already have an uncapper for 2.1 and works fine (apparently the new patch made uncappers a bit different). I just need the files to get extra slots when leveling up, so that I can take all the high level wizard spells.

PS. Ok, it seems that if I just move the 3 files that start by "L" then everything works fine. I guess they are the ones that add the extra slots when leveling up
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I notice that when I put this in my Shaman loses his XP to next level info and can't level up. I confirmed by removing the override. Can this be addressed as I would like to play my Shaman?
    @Necromanx2 This cap remover will never work for a shaman; it's too old and it's not updated for the new character.
    Nobody will address this, the OT doesn't post since an year.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    edited October 2016
    Daevelon said:

@Necromanx2 This cap remover will never work for a shaman; it's too old and it's not updated for the new character.

Try this, I made some edits, it should now work with Shaman, at least I get no problem running it on my EEII 2.3 with Ascension and SCS, just overwrite everything.

Daevelon said:

Try this, I made some edits, it should now work with Shaman, at least I get no problem running it on my EEII 2.3 with Ascension and SCS, just overwrite everything.
    Thank you!
    I don't plan to play with a shaman but now this cap remover is updated to 2.3 patch