Skip to content

New NPCs. What are they?

I havn't play the game yet, but I kinda planning my future party. From what I already know there's a lack of evil NPCs (except the new ones) and Glint (cleric\thief) is a simple Tiax's duplicate (very sad). Most of the BG data bases weren't uptadet to the time of SOD release...
So could I have a moment of your time discussing the game. Could you guys be so kind and tell me the new NPC stats. I guess someone somewhere already posted their stats, but I'm not really in the mood to browse all this shit interviews and gender discussions spammed all around the forum.
If you don't want to spoil here in the general discussion thread, feel free to send me a PM.
Thank you.

P.S.:
And some more important question:
If I end the first game with Xzar and Monty - do they appear in SOD or not? Is there a way (legal or not) to keep them?
Or even trickier, if I complete the game with my PC + 1 custom made character. Can I somehow import him into SOD or is he gone forever?
And if I complete the SOD DLC can I import the final SOD savegame into BG2EE or is it impossible?

Comments

• DarkDoggDarkDogg Member Posts: 598
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    edited April 2016
    Any characters you have in your party will be with you in the starting dungeon. After that, you'll will have to select from the NPCs available in Siege of Dragonspear. If you want to use illegal means, you might be able to spawn some of the original characters through the console since the game uses BG1 assets.

There are enough NPCs to play a well-balanced full evil party (Dorn, Edwin, Viconia, Baeloth, + Chaotic Neutral Safana). As far as Glint goes, the only thing he shares in common with Tiax is his class.

I'm not able to fire up the game right now to provide stats, but hopefully someone else has the info on hand.
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    edited April 2016
    There are four new characters:
    * M'Khiin, a neutral goblin shaman. She's pretty freaking awesome as a character, though maybe not so hot as an adventurer (Shaman is a good-but-not-great class).
    * Glint, a good gnome cleric/thief. Calling him a Tiax clone is a little unfair. Glint brings a pleasant if loud personality to the table, while Tiax is just comically psychopathic.
    * Corwin, a good human Archer (ranger). She's pretty awesome herself, just trying to make a life for herself and her family as a rent-a-cop. Archer is an absurdly powerful kit, combining the best traits of ranger and fighter, but limiting themselves to just bows and crossbows. Pleasant and dangerous, a powerful combination.
    * Volghiln, a good human Skald (bard). Skalds are powerful in a mundane party (ie those who prefer weapons to spells). Accent is a bit overpowering and acts like he's as thick as a plank.

Not many BG1 characters return. The entire EE cast (Neera, Dorn, Rasaad, and Baeloth) return, as do Minsc, Dynaheir, Safana, Tiax, Garrick, Viconia, Edwin, Jaheira, and Khalid. Imoen and Skie play recurring roles in the plot, but never join the party.

The initial mission will include anyone you had in your party at the end of BG1EE (except Imoen, who is replaced by Safana). After completing the mission the party goes their separate ways and a new crisis will force you to recruit a new party of those that can be found. Most characters in that first mission will give some indication why they want to leave the group once the mission is up.

Your equipment will be saved from your party and stored in a bottomless chest that you will later find again wherever you set up camp. Your money is lost, however. While this does create a somewhat funny side story, you're better served buying expensive items and selling them in SoD than keeping your cash.
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    Note: Tiax and Garrick do return but are not recruitable.
  • CalemyrCalemyr Member Posts: 238
    Tiax is recruitable if you're evil, I know that.
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    Calemyr said:

Tiax is recruitable if you're evil, I know that.

Wat? I don't think that is true.
  • jankieljankiel Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2016
    * M'Khiin, I did not try but the shaman class looks meh.
    * Glint, is insane in a pleasant way.
    * Corwin, is about duty and stuff. Plus she introduces you into the main plot pretty well.
    * Voghiln, is in for the 'womens' and I find him very funny.

• EscarcheEscarche Member Posts: 61
    @Calemyr Tiax won't come for certain, because
    he got a vision from Cyric that bhaalspawn is going to meet his doom
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Are the new guys recruitable in BG2EE?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    No, the new NPC's are not available in BG2EE.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    What is this rubbish? Shaman is fantastic, its basically a druid sorceror with extra fancy exclusive spells and an innate summoning ability into the mix. Anyone who thinks shaman isn't very good is simply not using the class well.
  • Papa_LouPapa_Lou Member Posts: 263
    I'm almost positive Tiax isn't recruitable, but can anyone confirm what @Calemyr said? Because I do love me some insane Gnomes.
  • rapsam2003rapsam2003 Member Posts: 1,636
    jankiel said:

* M'Khiin, I did not try but the shaman class looks meh.
    * Glint, is insane in a pleasant way.

Shamans are actually amazing support. And M'Khiin is one of the most interesting NPCs in the game.

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I can confirm that neither Tiax nor Garrick join the party, though you do briefly encounter them during the game.

No, the new NPC's are not available in BG2EE.

But Neera, Rasaad and Dorn are... :-(
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @PugPug Because they were written before SoD...
    I know. I can still be disappointed.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Bringing SoD's NPCs into BG2 is an obvious possibility for Beamdog's next product, as part of an expansion that might also continue the Skie storyline. Whether such an expansion will ever come to fruition would presumably depend on two things: 1) whether Beamdog and its partners deem SoD to have been a success and 2) whether Beamdog has finally been able to secure approval to produce BG3 (which would likely bump any potential expansion off Beamdog's calendar due to BG3's much larger profit potential).
    If anything it would be a free update to BG2, and probably not likely.