Skip to content

Hexxat and her employer

O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
Hi there. I would like to share something I digitally draw. Since I don't think I will draw Baldur's Gate-related stuff very often, I'm not sure if there is point of creating and maintaining my own "art thread" in here. So, this is probably one-time only thread.

I had this idea in mind for months, actually. Now, Hexxat's employer was often called "L" and for the most part was shrouded in mystery... just like a certain character from Death Note....

... albeit Hexxat's actual employer was more "undeady" and bit more "badass" than this L. But then again, he probably didn't sit in such entertaining way.

---

I conosider myself an amateur, so If you would like to, tell me what do you think of it. And also, if you have some experience with art, be it traditional or digital, I encourage you to critique. You can be merciless :wink:
shawnedeltagos0ulafeinlolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakAyiekieKuronaButtercheeseArdanis

Comments

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Hah! Brilliant. :)
    CrevsDaak
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    shawne said:

Hah! Brilliant. :)

Thank you for commenting.
    CrevsDaak
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    I couldn't help thinking that the whole way through her story. Glad someone drew it. :)

Not being an artist myself, I don't think it would be useful to give you specific advice, so I'll just say: I've seen better, I've seen worse. If you draw a lot, you will get better. Draw a lot. Unless you don't want to.

...actually, there is one specific bit that I'll comment on, because it's a character design issue rather than a drawing issue - L looks a little weird without the dark circles/bags under his eyes. Although, actually, upon reexamination, you did do a thicker line under the eye that was probably supposed to be that? So, fair enough. :)
    JuliusBorisovO_Bruce
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    It's funny how Hexxat is more sympathetic than Light...
    O_BruceCrevsDaak
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Ayiekie said:

I couldn't help thinking that the whole way through her story. Glad someone drew it. :)

I'm glad that I was not the only one who had the idea :)
    Ayiekie said:

Not being an artist myself, I don't think it would be useful to give you specific advice, so I'll just say: I've seen better, I've seen worse. If you draw a lot, you will get better. Draw a lot. Unless you don't want to.

Thank you for writing this, but I am aware. The only way to get better is to practice in my case. And I mean actual practice, rather than simply drawing for fun.
    Ayiekie said:

...actually, there is one specific bit that I'll comment on, because it's a character design issue rather than a drawing issue - L looks a little weird without the dark circles/bags under his eyes. Although, actually, upon reexamination, you did do a thicker line under the eye that was probably supposed to be that? So, fair enough. :)

You have right. While I wanted lines to be thicker under his eyes, the effect is not that noticeable. Next time I should do something about that. Thanks.
    Kurona said:

It's funny how Hexxat is more sympathetic than Light...

It comes down to writing and the intention for characters. I am not surprised, to be honest.
    JuliusBorisov