Skip to content

Qin Ya _ Shadow Dancer Journey

NightmareWraithNightmareWraith Member Posts: 77
I decided to document my playthrough with this character seen its so much fun.

I got an extremely good roll as you can see here.

When I started I put I don't exactly remember how I assigned stat points but I think it equalled out to roughly
110 Pickpockets
60 Find Traps and Open Locks
40 Hide in Shadows and 30 in Move Silently

The character is mostly played solo although I do take a couple NPCs for extremely short time such as Hexxat quest and the Planar Sphere and Prison (which I'm heading to now.

Here is a Biography I did for the character:
From the moment you were born you have always had an extreme hunger for powerbut have always wanted to get it the easiest way possible, belieiving that money and treasures are the key to power due to their ability to boost your own abilities or grant you new ones. Throughout the years you have tracked down many powerful treasures and watched them swith from ownership to owner ship as you have have been growing up keeping your eyes on particular items to make sure you never lost trck of them.

During this time you grew a deep fascination and appriciation of the shadows and developed an urge to use them for your own gain so you joined a thief sect of Shadowdancers, however you have not developed your ability to harnest shados yet due to focusing on your ability to steal and obtain powerful treasure. Although you have focused a lot of your time own developing your stealing abilities you have rigorously trained your body to the peak of physical abilities your your intellect to an extremely high level although your hunger for power leaves you without wisdom.

During the years your activities drew the attention of Irenicus, who believed your actions and developments were derived from a hidden power within you. This is where your story begins.....

I ended up resting an aweful lot in Irenicus dungeon (50days passed by time I exitted lol...)

Once I got out I instantly went to the Inn with the dwarfs upstair, used HiS to steal the Cloak of Non-Detection from the mage and then used Shadow Step to run away before they could even make an attempt to attack me let alone follow me.
Next i jumped from the fenced item shops selling and stealing wands to bring up my money (slight RP purposes find it stupid just constantly stealing/selling to same guy due to the guy should know something just sold being sold to him again instead jumping between 4 of them s much more "friendly" because you "could have" gotten the item from somewhere else by the time you come back to sell then steal again).

After getting enough money I bought the Mercy Killer ring, Victor ring, Bauldran's Sword, Amulet of Protection and AC 3 Bracers, I then went and stole the ring of the ram and then did the Mae'Var quests and gained all the items to boost my HiS and MS to 100/90 and through level ups I pretty much never fail hiding even in day light and am still wearing the Shadow armor, boots and ring.

I then went to trademeet and stole ifereet botte and used Cernd to beat the Druid Grove and to be able to get Raz Sword and Belt of Intertia and bought the Wand of Ice, straight after I went and got the bag of holding from Hexxat and then did the Harper quests and stole the Wand of Fear and then completed the Tanner Murders. I am now tossing up between doing Planer Prison or Planer Sphere.

Which do people think I should do next and is there any parts of the game people want me to (try to) give detailed experiences through?

I should also mention I'm playing classic EE except I have installed Tales of Gardens Deep as that sounds interesting I don't think that has a major impact on the base game but thought I should still mention it.
Post edited by NightmareWraith on

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    Tales of the Deep Gardens can make you extremely overpowered if you know what you are doing. But if you go blind (and it seems so, based on your post) it should be OK.
  • NightmareWraithNightmareWraith Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2016
    Oh so I shouldn't use TotDG then?

Palaner Prison

This Was actually pretty tricky, well the Master Thrall was. I used HiS to run past all the thrall and then backstabbed the Wyvern to death, then backstabbed both the Air Elementals and ran down to the starting point.
    There I waited for the Master Thrall and Elementals to reach me then I summoned the Ifereet and Sword spider from the items and the Ifereet killed the Elementals and then provided slight destraction for the Master Thrall who I kept attacking while HiS (I know the backstab wasn't working but the boost to THOAC from being invisible was necessary) and ran in circles chugging potions at the same time, went through 15 health potions, thinking over I probably should have used the an Oil of Speed considering I have a number of them but I forgot.
    After Killing the Thrall the Warden was actually really easy, I rested, then summoned the Ifereet and then the Air Elemental from the staff dropped by the Master Thrall and then backstabbed the Warden while he was distracted by all the NPCs.
    Post edited by NightmareWraith on
    edited October 2016
    Planar Sphere

This place has actually been pretty involved, to beat Tolgarith required me using Air Elemental, Karlix Spider and Ifereet Bottle to force the apprentice to waste summons, then Sacrificed Valgyar to kill the apprentice and deal slight damage to Tolgarith. I then went in with mustard jelly form from cloak of the sewersand took out most of his health while using HiS for extra hit chance (you can still HiS when shape shifted) once the form wore off I finished him off with normal backstabs.
    I retrieve the staff of fire then resurrected Valgyar with rod of resurrection and used 5 elementals to beat Lorvak.
    Taking down the demons was the exact same as taking down Lorvak with me pitching in to help .

However there was a number of Iron Golems that I had to completely avoid
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    What a good read, make sure to go all the way to ToB and document your jorney. Take notice of all major obstacles and problems that gets in your way, as well as how you handled them.
    Thanks, if you have any suggestions on how I can make it more interesting let me know :)
    I'm actually wondering how I am going to beat the dragons though....

And I will be going through to the very end of ToB and document it, I'm currently level 18 just trying to get to level 24 before starting act 3 so that I can use the amulet of power of my Rod of Lightning and Rod of the heavens along with Gift of Nature, I'm already using Aegar's Hide and Batalista's Passport and have Gift of Talos ready to be used
    Throw in some pictures during major battles, or leveling up. Put them in a spoiler tag!
    OK will do
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    RelSundan said:

Throw in some pictures during major battles, or leveling up. Put them in a spoiler tag!

And convert them to .jpg
    If you play on steam this wont be an issue.
    I do play on steam but I just use fraps anyway
    edited October 2016
    Windspear Hills + Illithud Lair in Sewers

The ruins had heaps of dangers, way more then I remember, maybe it's because I'm so over leveled and solo? Anyway there was a number Iron Golems which my character can't handle atm and a number of normal golems which hasted themselves. I could deal with the normal golems 1 by 1 if I managed to separate them from each other and especially from the the Iron Golems, I took out about half of them but got bored of the tedious work so started skipping them, the vampires weren't actually all that hard especially seeing as they were more then willing to separate for me to take on 1 by one.

Firkraags Consort was extremely easy to kill thanks to HiPS allowing me to backstab him to death, when he used Mislead I just used my Ifereet bottle to draw him out and then used Shadow Step straight away while I waited for HiS to come off cooldown then went back to backstabbing him. I then leveled up after beating him.

Getting the Dragon Sword and Shield was easy, for dealing with the guardians I backstabbed them before they stated talking, Shadowstepped then back stabbed them again killing them before they had a chance to damage me, although I did take damage from their Heat Shield.
    The party that attacks you after retrieving the sword and shield actually provided a fair bit of challenge and (due to my bad tactics) required me to go through a number of fire elementals as you can see in the following screen shots.

After them killing the elementals as I summoned them one by one in the doorway I changed tactics, I decided to HiS and go around the corner and summon 5 elementals at once, after that they were much, much easier to deal with, while they focused on the elementals I just backstabbed them as usual.

After beating them I leveled up again.

After that I went straight to the Illithud lair in the sewers to grab the Thunder Hammer, not because I'm going to use it (as you all know even with UAI thieves can't get any proficiency with hammers) but just for the sake of it.

The first room was really easy, I just used 4 elemntals and Ifereet as distraction for the humans while I backstabbed the Illithud (I forgot to take screen shot of the fight) however I couldn't deal with the groups of Illithuds in the next 2 rooms, I could deal the hold due to the Akabane sword but I couldn't do anything about the stun as even if I HiS as soon as they started casting for some reason it didn't cancel their spell out.
    So after a few failed attempts and reloads I decided to run through the last 2 rooms and just grab the treasure, I used HiS to run through the second room, but before I opened the last door I used Shadow Step (even though the boss can't see invisibility he still follows you until you come out of invisibility as soon as you open the door) grabbed the treasure and started running after HiS again. When I got around this point I needed to use Shadow Step again:

After that I escaped and saved. I then went back in to try and separate them one by 1 and kill them off and I managed to do it with 3 but couldn't separate anymore so I gave up. I'll probably go back and try again once I can use wands.

PS Steam Screen shot button seems to always open the Special Abilities tab as you can see....
    edited October 2016
    Neera's Request

After doing a whole bunch of quests, including De'Arnise which was extremely easy when you break HiS with detect traps wait 5 secs then attack and then HiS before they have a chance to attack, and running into another bugged quest (Copper Coronet free the slaves) I managed to reach level 23 so I decided neera's request is a good one to pop myself to level 24.

This quest was extremely easy right up until the Enclave, the first part of it was easy thanks to the Fire Elementals (being able to steal/sell to recharge it is awesome) second part with fighting the big bad Lanneth required a whole heap of maneuvering and splitting them up, thankfully I had leveled up to 24 just before fighting them so I had access to wands.
    I ended up testing out all the offensive ones and in the end I relied up Wand of fire and Wand of Ice the most.
    BTW for some reason Cloudkill wand seems to ignore poison immunity...

Here's a group of screen shots from throughout the fight I tried to show as much of the fight as possible but it was very hard until I got them all separated.

I ended up using up all of my Shadow Steps to dispell Lanneths Illusions throughout the fight, it really is a nice combination to be able to freeze time dispell illusions and then to become untargetable before time resumes and was the main reason I didn't die to her when used in conjuction with the flame ray attack from the Wand of Fire.

And yet again it has made me think that Shadow Dancer is quiet OP when combined with Cloak of Non-Detection, able to become immune to 80% of enemies and still have decent melee abilities thanks to the THAOC boost.
    You can simply unbind F12 in the key-configuration in the options menu.
    Tried doing that, at least I tried reassigning it to something else then clearing it
    Doesn't matter though as I said I'm just using fraps

BTW is there any way to death with death spells as solo thief other then avoid death? I can manage to get about quarter of a dragons health off before I'm killed by a death spell so if I could stop that then I wouldn't have trouble. Also is 127% elemental resist the max? I can't seem to get over that
    Protection from Magic scroll.
    Where do you get them? I haven't seen them...
    You can purchase a copy of that scroll from Ribald, in the Adventurer Mart.
    Oh you meant the mage scroll? I thought you meant one of those green ones that anyone can use, so basically I can only fight one dragon unless I get lucky and find more...
    I meant the green ones...
    I should have another look when I get back from spell hold then....
    edited October 2016
    The Asylum + Fighting Irenicus

This is going to be really short as there really wasn't much happening as it was really easy, mostly because of HiS and wands.

Fighting the lich was simple as and he hardly deserved to be called a lich, the mummies and skeletons were more dangerous then him so I separated them then took them out with Sorcher.

Here's some screen shots of the fight.

After using Shadow Twin to dispell the Shadow Door the lich went down faster then I could follow pretty much.

Dace was slightly more trouble but all I had to do was use Sorcher while in the shadows ;)

Bodhi went down so fast she isn't even worth mentioning

Fighting Irenicus was more more tedious then difficult here's the fight more or less.

Irenicus bugged out and didn't even summon my clone to fight which I was dissapointed about.

I did level up a number of times though