Skip to content

Which order to do quests

I did circus tent, tanner's murders (he fled) and that's all. I'm bard, and I received my stronghold quest. Should I do stronghold quest first?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i tend to do the slave stuff after the circus tent. as i have unfinished business installed i also do the lamp quest as well. the thieves stuff is also one of the first things i do even if i'm not getting edwin. and nalia's strong hold is the first out side the city quest i do.

everything after that depends on the run. like i know i'm gonna someday do a run where i will use rassad so i'd do tradesmeet as early as possible for example.
    Aerakar
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Does not really matter, but some quests might be a bit easier when you gain a level or two.
    From the first tests, I'd suggest doing Nalia's quest (lots of experience, not difficult and gets you some nice magical equipment), some small quests like the one for Xzar in the Docks.
    Try not to do the Planar sphere or killing the Demilich right away as that might prove a bit difficult at start.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisovAerakar
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    The bard stronhold is pretty tough for early game in my opinion. I would go to copper Coronet and do the quest to free the slaves and shut down the slavers. Explore the sewers beneath the Coronet where you have a quest for a great weapon. You can also meet Korgan in the Copper Coronet who will join you for a quest that is not too hard early game. Korgan can be a good asset once you do the Bard stronghold quest.
    JuliusBorisovAerakar
  • unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    doesn't matter much because everywhere is scaled to your level.
  • raelcariraelcari Member Posts: 133
    I tend to do the Unseeing Eye quest early (meaning as soon as I can afford the shield of Balduran). That nets you some good items. And obviously you want to secure your NPCs by finishing their quests, so that depends on who you've brought along.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited November 2016
    I consider the "canonical" quest order at the start of chapter 2, to be:
    1) Circus Tent
    2) Copper Coronet slaves
    3) Lilarcor + slaver stockade

After that, Tanner's murders or De'Arnise Keep or Shadow Thieves guild, etc.

@Cvijeta I think the Bard stronghold quests gets the best outcome when you have a bit of money to spare, so maybe do some lucrative side-quests first.
    ThacoBellAerakarTenrecc
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80

hmm what?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    ariakas2 said:

hmm what?
    Only partially, there are many encounters in certain quests that are simply harder at earlier levels.
    Daevelongorgonzola