Skip to content

Cleric Highest Level

Greets,

If playing Priest of Lathander, Dwarf, what is the highest possible level reachable in BGEE and then BG2EE (also playing through SoD)?

/A.

Comments

• DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    in bgee is 161000xp the cap, so lvl 8. in SoD the cap is 500000xp its lvl 10.The absolut cap in bg2ee is 8million xp for lvl 40 in the case of clerics.
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    Holy smoke!

Lvl. 40...!?!

Are there even any new spells at that level to attain?

A level 40 Cleric Dwarf sounds like someone who can take on a Dragon by himself.

Anyone have any experience in regard to that?

/A.
    edited November 2016
    in a normal game with 6 member party you will reach about lvl 33-35 if not grind xp somewhere. you will reach full spellcasting potential at lvl 24-25 maybe. unfortunately spells with level dependant only advance until level 20 without mods. but at point clerics are so powerful.
    btw clerics max spell level is level 7, after 3m xp you will get high level ability spells.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    Yulaw9460 said:

You could consider starting your career as another class and spend those 1.25 million XPs elsewhere. Incidentally, you'll get 13 levels of Fighter for that exact amount of XP, which means lots of proficiencies, more attacks and a great deal more hit points. There is, of course, the catch that spells with a duration of X+caster levels will be active for less time. Roughly put, spells with a duration of, say, 1+40 rounds would be 1+38 rounds instead at max Cleric level. But I honestly can't remember a battle in my playthroughs where it's ever been a crucial factor that the spells lasted 40 rounds or whatever instead of 38.

Spell durations are normally capped at level 20, so it doesn't matter whether your actual level is 38 or 40.

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Against high-level enemies, it's sometimes relevant to know that Dispel Magic is uncapped, and so is Turn Undead. Even so, any level 30+ Cleric can do pretty much everything which an actual level 40 Cleric could do - like exploding a lich on sight with Turn Undead (which is always very satisfying :grin:).
  • yksimaltyksimalt Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the clarifications.

Follow up question:

When it comes to the Turn Undead ability, is it an "insta-skill"? I.e. if one presses the skull button, is the ability immediate or is there a delay?

I ask since I noticed that the script of the Cleric 'stops turning undead and attacks' instead.

Is it thus better to have no script active when fighting undead, if the turn undead ability is interrupted?

/A.
    Post edited by yksimalt on
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    edited November 2016
    Turn Undead
    Good aligned: makes undead go away (fear) if two levels lower or explode on higher levels (seven levels lower)
    Neutral aligned: makes undead go away (fear) if two levels lower or explode on higher levels (seven levels lower)
    Evil aligned: makes undead go away (fear) if two levels lower or take control on higher levels (seven levels lower)

The ability works once a round, so when you press the button you have to wait for the ability check (so it could happen immediately or after few seconds)
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
    Yulaw9460 said:

Grond0 said:

Spell durations are normally capped at level 20, so it doesn't matter whether your actual level is 38 or 40.

Yeah, I guess. It was just an example. I never bothered to memorize all spell statistics from the game. I know, slacking never did anyone any good. :p
    So bad yes but true. i used to download lvl 40 mod to be more effective single class mage, or use only lvl 30 max mod.