Skip to content

Interesting Nazariel bug (?). Help, anyone?

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
So, I have plenty of mods in my game, and one of them installs the small Nazariel quest in the Underdark. But there appears to be a bug in it.

Here's what happens:

I enter Nazariel's cave, and we chat. A fight begins. Nazariel splits into three parts, all of which I destroy. I also destroy the fire elementals. The "true" Nazariel becomes visible again - but he's untargettable. To the extent that True Sight doesn't reveal him. And what I mean by untargettable is that he doesn't have a red circle underneath him, meaning that nobody can attack him.

This could be a spell defense, but it apparently never ends. Indeed, what happens is that after he has used all his spells (I had pretty good protections on!), he starts hitting me in melee, but he only does nonlethal damage. So something clearly isn't working.

I can't remember exactly if he was supposed to talk to me again or what, but we have come to a standstill: he attacks me in melee, doesn't cause damage, and I cannot attack him. Sunray, incidentally, did damage him, but I only have one, and that wasn't enough to kill him.

Does anyone have a clue?

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Apparently a script block didn't fire which is supposed to remove his protections and set him up for a fight. This is the script:
    [spoiler]IF OR(2) !Exists("d0lich02") GlobalGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADd0lich02","GLOBAL",2) Global("Begin","LOCALS",2) THEN RESPONSE #100 SetInterrupt(FALSE) SetGlobal("Begin","LOCALS",3) CreateVisualEffectObject("SPGFLSH1",Myself) Polymorph(LICH) ChangeEnemyAlly(Myself,ENEMY) DestroyItem("invulner") // Ring TakeItemReplace("lich","nocirc",Myself) // Sandthief's Ring TakeItemReplace("lichel01","impinvis",Myself) // Sandthief's Ring EquipItem("lich") // Ring EquipItem("lichel01") // Ghoul Touch SetInterrupt(TRUE) END [/spoiler]
    You can try to execute the following line with the debug console:
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("d0lich01",SetGlobal("Begin","LOCALS",2))')
    and this line if there is still no reaction:
    C:SetGlobal("SPRITE_IS_DEADd0lich02","GLOBAL",3)
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Very good! Thank you for this.

It's been ages since I used the console, so the activation code for it was.... CTRL-Y, or something like that?
    Ahh, yes, Ctrl-Space. It's been a while since I used the console, as I said...

Anyway, thanks again! Before receiving your first reply I had already decided to change direction, and now I'm working on the Ust Natha stuff. I'll return to Nazariel when I can, and I'll let you know how it works out.
    @argent77: It didn't work. As far as I could see, nothing at all happened. Nazariel' sprite *may* have experienced some graphical glitch, but apart from that, nothing happened. Very strange. Any idea now?

Incidentally, I was actually wondering whether I am too fast here, or something. With my mace of disruption and Improved Haste, I can deal with those three minor-Nazariels very very quickly, and perhaps something doesn't like it.
    Incidentally, I have now tried those console commands both before the fight and after dealing with the three copies and having the real one appear untargettably. No change.
    The console commands may not work if the creature is locked in continuous script actions. If you attach a save I could take a look at it.
    Hmm. I tried to attach a file, but the forum says "File is not allowed". Never seen that before!

How about this?

edited November 2016
    Did you zip the save (whole folder)?

Edit: I need the whole "000000123-Save_Name" folder.
    Oops. Sorry, I didn't know that. So, does this work?

I couldn't make him targetable as well. You can force his death with the following command though:
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("d0lich01",Kill(Myself))')
    You won't get any XP this way however.
    Ok, thanks for trying. Let's leave it at this - it's only a minor quest, anyway.