Skip to content

Dualclass Problem

So i recently started a new game with many Humans in the party. Now at lvl2 I checked out if all my Dualclass choises works. And i figured no. My Swashbuckler and my Berserker dont have any problems. But my Barbarian and my Kensey do.
For the Kensay, he is an Human who tryed to turn into i thief and i already figured the issue (lawful good, ...crap)

But for my Barbarian i really dont know whats wrong. He is true neutral and he wants to become a druid. Aside of Intelligence (3) he has any stat on 18, which means he should meet the reqirement for druid. (who needs wis, and cha) but he cant dualclass at all, not even into thief or cleric (which also should be possible) so what am I doing wrong? Is Barbariann the big exception and cant dualclass at all?

Greetings: Thorgaaz

Comments

• DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235
    Barbarians are not technically a fighter kit (and cannot Dual-Class in general). Back in BG2 they were their own separate class but they were lumped under Fighter quite recently.

If you picked Berserker you will be able to Dual-Class as long as you have 15 Str, 17 Wis and 17 Cha.
  • ThorgaazThorgaaz Member Posts: 46
    Ah, damn, so the dream of an strong chainmail melee char will stay a dream, (at last as long as i dont cheat, and Barbarian alone isnt enough to make me happy)

Well, thank you for the fast answer. I could´ve serced forever to find any possible mistakes of mine. So I yust start a new game, good thing i checked at lvl2. So i only need to repeat to the point i slay Greywolf.
  • AdaJAdaJ Member Posts: 154
    edited November 2016
    There is a mod that allows you to dual a Barbarian, Thorgaaz. I have it on my copy of BG:EE. Basically, the mod puts the dualclass 2da into your override folder that activates barbarian and other (wild mage, stalker and archer, I think) kits to allow them to multiclass.

I can't remember where I got it from, but I have the 2da file that I can share if someone can tell me how to attach it to this post.

Just drop it into your override folder and restart the game.
  • islandkingislandking Member Posts: 426
    EEkeeper can also be used to dual or multi kit, just remember to export your character then import once so that the game will synchronize the class correctly.
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    BG2Tweaks' Expanded Dual Class Options allow for dual-classing of Barbarians, if I remember correctly.