Skip to content

Tons of Black Friday deals already happening

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
Now is the time to clear out your wishlists. Nearly everything that isn't a new release is on-sale on Steam, most AT LEAST 50%. Mass Effect Trilogy and all Dragon Age games are going for bargain basement prices on Origin. I cleaned out my entire Steam wishlist, 5 Origin games, and even threw in a copy of The Secret World Ultimate Edition for about $170.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Sounds great. So the sale is on until Friday midnight?
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850

Sounds great. So the sale is on until Friday midnight?

29th actually I think
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Even better.
    Actually got a refund on "The Secret World", which was not at all what I thought it was. Having never gotten a refund on Steam before, I was surprised at how easy it was, and it tells me my $20 will be back available in less than 12 hours. Enough to buy 3 more games I'll probably never play :P
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I wish there were a single-player CRPG with the worldbuilding and coolness of The Secret World.

I wish there were a single-player CRPG with the worldbuilding and coolness of The Secret World.

I actually saw that sentiment expressed alot on the review page. That if it was a massive single-player game it would be the worthy follow-up to Bloodlines. As it was, the minute I logged in I knew it wasn't gonna work for me. The only MMO I currently play is ESO, and that functions at least almost 80% as a normal single-player Elder Scrolls game.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108

I actually saw that sentiment expressed alot on the review page. That if it was a massive single-player game it would be the worthy follow-up to Bloodlines. As it was, the minute I logged in I knew it wasn't gonna work for me. The only MMO I currently play is ESO, and that functions at least almost 80% as a normal single-player Elder Scrolls game.
    Well to be fair you can play like 90% of The Secret World as a single player game. However, you'd need to get into parties to do dungeons, raids, etc. and it's not necessarily fun to be excluded from the really cool stuff. Plus if you want to buy all the weapon skills you end up spending a ton of time just grinding experience. I think it took me a couple months to max out everything.

And don't get me wrong - I love The Secret World and have a lifetime membership, but I totally agree that a single-player game would be mind-blowing. Too bad Funcom doesn't have the money to pull it off.
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    I just picked up the first Mas Effect for, like, £2 - that's not even the cost of a pint of beer!

I've heard consistently good things about the Mass Effect games but never got round to playing them. I always meant to give it a try, though, so... yeah, I'm quite pleased with that. 8)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Mass Effect 1 is excellent.
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    ME1 and ME2 are incredible. 2 was on Baldurs Gate levels.

We don't talk about ME3…..