Skip to content

[MOD] Playing the Back in Brynnlaw mod: some feedback

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
I'm playing the Back in Brynnlaw mod, and since there might be a reasonable audience on these forums, I decided to offer my thoughts and see whether anyone wants to comment.

The mod has a very nice idea, and the story is good enough. So there's that, which is good and commendable. But my lord, the general tone of all dialogue is all wrong. Whoever wrote it clearly didn't pay attention to the general dialogue in BG2. Words such as "bastard" and "creep" are thrown around very casually, even by NPCs like Imoen. Almost makes me think the mod was written by an adolescent who wanted to make his parents think he's a tough kid. It's that bad. Did anyone else think so?

Incidentally, I just finished the Sellswords mod. I thought it was very good, excellent really, on all levels except one: you get way too many experience points. I mean, really way too many.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I can't speak for Imoen, but you are within a pirate isle. People are going to have quite a language.

That being said, I've played most of Kulyok's mods and she has a... noticeable form of writing. There are times where I find her writing a bit too modern, but not too much so.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Indeed they are. Nothing wrong with that.

But the dialogue choices you get, as Charname, and the comments the rest of your group makes, are blatantly wrong.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Ehh, yeah, Kulyok does have a bit of a sense of humor. This isn't exclusive to Brynnlaw (did you try that apple pie gag in Sellswords?). You have loads of opportunities to play the cheerful manic girl in the Xan romance, for example.

Personally I find it somewhat amusing, but to each their own.