Skip to content

Destroy pocket plane?

FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
I went through the last two challenge rooms, defeated Cyric,s boys and the Ravager, learned that Mellisan was attempting to take Bhaal's place, and that I had to destroy the pocket plane in order to get to the Throne of Bhaal and fight her. All well and good, but how?

There seems to be no option to do any such thing; trying the usual exit just gives me the option of returning back to the last place I was before doing the challenges. I even went back to all 5 rooms just to make sure I wasn't overlooking something. What am I missing?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Do you happen to have Neera in your party? (or more specifically did you do her ToB quest?)
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    edited July 2015
    Haven't you been following along @elminster? Of course he tried to off Szass Tam.

@FrdNwsm this might help
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38199/11141-neeras-tob-quest-should-not-prevent-travel-to-the-throne-of-bhaal
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Yes she's there, and we finished her quest as far as I know.
    I have no idea what this stuff is about.
    bleusteel said:

It's just so much gibberish to me. No idea what a console is or how to use it, although instructions for same were given.

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Just be sure to finish every quest you have begun, for the very last fight awaits you there. I'm thinking of Watcher's Keep, for example.
    AFAIK, I have done them all. How to check if I have left something undone?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    I think you are experiencing a bug. If you'd like you can attach your save file here (put the save folder into a zip file and then attach it to the forum).
    It's probably Neera's quest; trying to kill Szass Tam and reducing him to attempting to walk through a wall may have broken it. The evil group's run through didn't have her quest in it at all, and they do have the option now of closing up the pocket plane and going after Melissan.
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55
    Wait! Didn't you abandon Hexxat's quest? that could be it.
    edited August 2015
    Wesley said:

Wait! Didn't you abandon Hexxat's quest? that could be it.

No, I didn't. Finished that off. It took a while playing with the damned doors, but once I realized that there was a way to turn off the stupid necrotic fields, I was able to complete it. I have two parties that I have been running simultaneously; one good aligned and one evil, since there is no way Hexxat can be in a party with Keldorn and Anomen. The evil party can now in fact go on to the Throne of Bhaal and confront Melissa, and will do so quite shortly. They're making final supply runs right now; no point in hanging onto extra gold at this point. It's the good guys who are stuck.

I am assuming that doing bad things to Szass Tam bollixed up Neera's quest. I tried going back to the clearing but there's nothing to be done there. I tried removing Neera from the party totally and replacing her with a different NPC, but that didn't work either. Apparently the entire party that took part in her quest is screwed up.

Not a big deal. MyChar is identical in all respects in each group, so if the Bad Boyz can take out Melissan, the good guys (who are the stronger group by far) would presumably have no problem. I'll award them an honorary victory plaque in that case.

I can't zip a saved game file and upload it; I type WinZip in my find file window and come up blank. Either my computer has no zip program, or, more likely, I don't know the program's name. Having zero comp tech ability, I would probably not know how to use it in any event. It seems like Neera's quest bugging things up is a known issue, however, so my assumption is rather likely.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    As a last resort, if you've really done everything , simply clua console yourself to the final battle (AR6200) , the final villain will be waiting for you as if you had destroyed the pocket plane.
    No idea how to do that. Hardly matters though. The Bad Boyz walked right over Amelyssan, and the good group is rather a bit stronger, so I'm taking their victory as a given.

I'm considering getting together a pure neutral group (no good or evil NPCs at all). Since there are zero NPC clerics of a neutral alignment, I'd have to grab 2 druids as a substitute. This would work as far as curing wounds and raising dead (rods of resurrection), but restoration would be a possible problem.

I figure the composition would be MC (who is actually true neutral), Neera, Jaheira, Cern, Haer D'alis and Jan. A bit weak in melee, and the lack of a paladin/blackguard, with their dispel magic upon hitting a target, would be noticed. Jaheira is an OK fighter later on, but it takes her forever to get HLAs.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Actually, Jaheira starts getting HLA's when she hits 3M exp total and reaches the next level. That means she gains the first HLA's at Fighter level 15. It's slow at 1st since the druid levels don't exactly rush by. Once you get to druid level 15, it gets faster since druids start getting levels rapidly after that. At 6 M exp for example, druids are level 27 whereas mages are at 26.
    I know; she had a couple of whirlwinds and a damage reduction thing by the time I was ready to hit chapter 10 with the good party, as well as a couple of earth elementals and a deva in her pocket. But that took a while to happen, as I mentioned. (Remember, I've had her since Ch 1 in SoA). Haer Daelis is a good defensive tank for plugging up a doorway, for example, but his offensive spin isn't as great as a real fighter's whirlwinds. Without Imoen, Jan is going to have to do thief duty.
  • stevelegend09stevelegend09 Member Posts: 2
    So yeah, I have Neera. Could someone do the magic to my save to make it work please?! First I will need to know how to upload it though too... :(
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Are you guys playing the old version (pre 2.0?) I thought this was fixed in v2.0 and beyond.
    I still play the v1.3 on my Ipad, so I had fixed the bug locally in my game by editting the bugged dialog file. IIRC I made the planar gate's dialogue to ignore Neera's quest status alltogether and just allow passage to the Throne if all other tests are done. I can't seem to remember the dialog file name, though I may check.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I don't know if this is OT, but I really don't see why NPCs quests should be relevant to the destruction of the PP. If you decide to ascend Neera, or whoever, can complete HER quest after you ascension, if you decline, you can complete it together later. In the fictional world, not in the game obviously.
    But what happens to the PP is only related to Charname and his Bhaalspawn destiny, so to the main quest.
    Neera and the other NPCs are your friends and helpers, but have no role other than that in the Bhaalspawn saga, if you fail or decide to not complete NPC quests it shoul not have impact on your personal destiny and quest. The fact that you can beat the game solo proves it.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    it might just be an oversight. neera's tob quest is very buggy and easy to brake.