Skip to content

Battle AI improvements, 1. invisibility, 2. ...

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375

In the battle I fought today (in bg2, that party in the derelict building in the bridge district) I was able to outlast the enemy wizard's defenses by simply going invisible and waiting for them to wear off, after which I 1HK'd him. But this wizard has true sight memorized, and his AI should cast it even if there are no targets in sight. Was able to beat the entire party as a solo level 9 berserker partly thanks to this strategy.

I'm wondering if this is something that can have a better solution than simply manually scripting every enemy to behave a certain way; like there are certain inherited fall-back behaviours for certain events. Or maybe the engine already has this built in, I wouldn't know...

Comments

• carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    edited June 2012

In lieu of possible resting alterations... I'd like it if you outdistance an enemy on a map, he doesn't stop pursuing you, or require LOS to remember which way you went. Furthermore, if you start resting, you get awakened with a critical hit from him. Perhaps togglable and tied in with difficulty configuration.