Skip to content

A bit of help with modded Deirex, please?

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
edited November 2016 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi folks,

I'm in Ust Natha, and trying to deal with Deired the lich, who is seriously modded (SCS). It appears my party is genuinely too inexperienced for this fight at the moment: I cannot bring down his Spell Trap and other defenses, and thus I cannot deal a single point of damage. Also, he summons that Fallen Planetar that absolutely tears me to shreds. Switching to Easy Difficulty doesn't help.

So, ahem, what would be the console command to just kill him? I'm willing to resort to that, I'm afraid. Unless someone can suggest a strategy...

Incidentally: what is the component that allows liches to summon those Planetars? It's seriously nasty, and I'll probably tone it down. Irenicus also summoned one in Spellhold, and I had to resort to running away and waiting for the Planetar to be unsummoned. With Deirex, this is not possible, the space is too small.

Comments

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Phew. Actually, I was able to take him down, after all! Boy am I proud.
  • agb1agb1 Member Posts: 249
    edited December 2016
    For future reference, if you edit your My Documents/Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition/Baldur.lua file and add 'Debug Mode', 1 to the Program Options, you can then use CTRL+Y to terminate any unlucky creature centered under your mouse.

SCS' "add HLAs to high level spellcasters" component is presumably the cause of the planetar summoning.