Skip to content

Containers and Lock Pick Skill

First, I really appreciate the work you've all put in on the enhanced editions and SOD. I've been playing BG2 almost since its release but you really made BG1 more accessible - without your work I doubt I would have ever played the original.

I also love SOD - I'm near the end and I have been enjoying it very much. The battles are different enough from the encounters of the other two games to encourage different tactics, I like the new NPCs and the story has been engaging. I hope you can feed this back to the rest of the team.

I have two minor feature requests:

Lock Pick Skill - given that there is no benefit in levelling lock pick beyond 100, could this be capped so that in experienced players don't keep sinking points into it? I know there are some negative modifiers when wearing armour, so perhaps the cap could be 120 or so to account for this?

Containers - could some sort of automatic sorting be implemented for the bag of holding etc? I don't necessarily want alphabetical sorting but if duplicate items could be stacked in the container this would be nice. For example when I have 8 identify scrolls in a scroll case, the three that went in at the beginning of the game are separate from the other five I put in an hour ago. It would make more sense for these to stack.

None of these are major issues but small things like this just improve ease of use.

Comments