Skip to content

Remove / reduce the flat + 80hp on legancy of bhaal

RagmirRagmir Member Posts: 1
Hello fellows, i tried a couple mods to reduce this hp incrase bonus on the dificulty, but I belive that any modifications that I dia happens before de hp boost, so, every time that I remove a flat - 80 what happens is that I kill a bunch of the npcs of the game Just for be close tho they

Anyone could help me witch that?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not sure there is any way to mod legacy of bhaal in this manner (at least for modders).
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    You could play on normal mode, and then adopt these restrictions, which will give you a LoB-ish experience, but with less kiting:

1. restrict allowed armour types for each chapter:
    Until after the Naskell mines, only leather is allowed.
    Until after the bandit camp, only chain mail (and leather) is allowed
    Until after the Cloakwood mine, only splint mail (and chain mail and leather) is allowed.
    Until arrival in Candlekeep, only plate mail (and ...) is allowed
    After Candlekeep, full plate is allowed (I count Ankheg as full plate)

Thus I'm currently in the Cloakwood, battling phase spiders with my newly acquired splint mail on my cleric/thief. And I really regret only having brought 15 potions of antidote!

2: restrict ranged attacks: ranged attacks are way too powerful for emulating a LoB-ish experience. Thus I only allow my characters to use ranged weapons in which they have *no* proficiency points!
    To spice it up a bit, I allow them to use their proficient ranged weapon whenever they find some non-ordinary ammo in the field (no purchases!). This makes bows potentially quite useful again, so I'm trying to restrict myself still.. thus my Eldoth currently has a big collection of special arrows that he hasn't used. I bought the crossbow of speed for Garrick, just for the occasions where he'd find some special bolts for it - quite a waste of money :)

3: restrict magic: no area of effect status magic: sleep, fear, web, glitterdust, or similar. I look with mercy upon entangle and grease, because they don't completely disable the enemy, and they offer good chances for the enemies to save against them. Currently I am trying out Viconia's charm person or mammal (ehm.. I made her into a druid...) in the Cloakwood, but jees, I just realise that spiders aren't exactly mammals :(... that explains the lack of success!

4: restrict wands: no wands of paralysis, frost, heavens, fear, and certainly no (re-)purchased wands! Fireballs against large bands of bandits are so much fun that I can't restrict myself from those wands.. but, as a counter measure, I disallow my mages from memorising fireball. Thus, I can't blast my way through the whole game. Also, I will allow myself to use wands of frost against Karoug on the Werewolf island.

5: restrict classes: fighters are very powerful in BG, so I simply disallow them. This really extends battles, as 6 guys can stand around for a long time trying to get a hit in on a Dire wolf. I used cheat codes in the beginning of my game, so I could hop to BG and recruit some of the non-fighter NPC's that I otherwise rarely try.

6: restrict experience: awoid easy XP wherever you can. I love taking on the bandits camp with only 2nd level spells available for my mages. Currently I'm in the third Cloakwood, and Xan is *still* only level four. I often times also cheat: when my characters have reached level 2/3, I reset their XP count to let them stay in that sweet spot a bit longer.

7: aim for evenness in AC and THAC0: don't just pile all the good stuff on one character and use that as tank. Everybody should be able to stand in the front line for at least a short while. My AC's currently range between -3 and 1 (Xan). This is almost as even distribution I could get (well, I *could* have given Xan the dexterity bracers..but...). And my characters *all* have a straight 16 in THAC0 currently :)