Skip to content

Imoen expansion mod issue(s)

TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
So I'm trying out the Imoen romance/friendship expansion mod and have run into a problem. Originally I had a game running where this problem did not happen, but I had to restart from earlier because I messed up my game. Reloading from earlier, I ended up having every single dialogue end up with "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS", which ended with the encounter with Bodhi in the graveyard having Bodhi saying "Now, as for you Imoen..." and then "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" and the dialogue ending, which meant story progression was impossible.

So, again, I reloaded a save (Chapter 6 start) and the dialogue problem went away. I progressed to that point where you go to the promenade and she steals that bracelet, although now the problem is that instead of "Bob" I get an item called "sacrificial transfer" with the description "adrenaline rush", and trying to move the item nets a "this item cannot be removed". Now, my first playthrough of this mod give the proper item, and had no dialogue issues. I know that I need this item to trigger a quest in ToB. I have no idea why this is now suddenly bugged, and I have tried not only reinstalling the mod (a couple times), but redownloading the mod to make sure I had the latest version, which I did. Same problem with the item. Looking up the item in EEKeeper returns the same details that I get in game. I'm not sure what exactly is causing these problems but I made another post a few days back in regards to SoD suddenly corrupting a chunk of my saves for seemingly no reason, so there's a recurring problem here.

Other mods that I have installed:

BP (for Ascension)
Tweakpack
Questpack
Unfinished Business

If anyone has any idea what's wrong or a way to get the item to work that would be great.

Comments

• RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    The first part sounds like it could be an issue with dialog.tlk, which can get messed up if you change your mods mid-game. Unfortunately, once it's garbled, I don't know a way to fix it beyond starting a new game (or in serious cases, a clean install). Not sure about the second part though.
  • TriaxxTriaxx Member Posts: 56
    The weird thing about it is that this game is a fresh new game, with no mods being installed after starting.
  • Sarevok08Sarevok08 Member Posts: 78
    Not sure if this will work for you, but it may, though you'll need to do it before getting the bracelet.
    Take a copy of the save, do a clean install (delete the status file for bg2 if using the Beamdog version and launch the Beamdog launcher), and reinstall your mods using the install order here:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/34882/list-of-bg2ee-compatible-mods/p1
    Existing incorrect text may still exist (e.g if you have the braces already) but that should fix the dialogue.tlk file, resolving those incorrect text assignments